Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ISU 1st Game 2014 - then 3 weeks of Nonconference open dates.......?

Smile ISU 1st Game 2014 - then 3 weeks of Nonconference open dates.......?

It appears looking ahead to next years schedule that our success has now caught up to us on a national level. No one wants to schedule the Bison for a NonConference Game?
    Our national reputation has finally made it to the big time? This is the down side to success, scheduling. Or is it a down side?
    I would like to hear some teams we should play to fill in that schedule?
    Thoughts? I don't want any powderpuff teams or if possible why not get another FBS team in the Mid American Conference or Big 12 or Mountain West?
    Nebraska?, Bowling Green, Colorado Buffs? Utah State? etc.....

Playing bigger programs only makes your program better has been my belief all along. If we could get 2 FBS teams, and then the Grizz come to town, wouldn't that be a fun opening September?
    Remember as Kansas State fans told me and many others we travel better then most Big 12 Schools! Way to go Bison Fans across ND and our entire region!

Let me hear your thoughts Thundering Herd supporters.

Nodak Greg

Default Re: ISU 1st Game 2014 - then 3 weeks of Nonconference open dates.......?

Quote Originally Posted by NodakGreg View Post
    It appears looking ahead to next years schedule that our success has now caught up to us on a national level. No one wants to schedule the Bison for a NonConference Game?
    Our national reputation has finally made it to the big time? This is the down side to success, scheduling. Or is it a down side?
    I would like to hear some teams we should play to fill in that schedule?
    Thoughts? I don't want any powderpuff teams or if possible why not get another FBS team in the Mid American Conference or Big 12 or Mountain West?
    Nebraska?, Bowling Green, Colorado Buffs? Utah State? etc.....

Playing bigger programs only makes your program better has been my belief all along. If we could get 2 FBS teams, and then the Grizz come to town, wouldn't that be a fun opening September?
    Remember as Kansas State fans told me and many others we travel better then most Big 12 Schools! Way to go Bison Fans across ND and our entire region!

Let me hear your thoughts Thundering Herd supporters.

Nodak Greg
    Greg, love the enthusiasm, but here's the deal: this program is going to have high expectations next season but also the most uncertainty since the '09 season. This is not the season that GT is going to be entertaining the idea of 2 FBS games. This team wants to go back to the playoffs and if they lose at Iowa State, they are going to need to find a way to win 8 other games. Scheduling another FBS program, especially when the athletic department is getting the equivalent of a guarantee game with a non BCS school ($100,000) from Wyoming for Coach Bohl's services, is not necessary. As far as I'm concerned? NDSU is about 3 TDs better than the rest of the FCS right now, so although it's going to be difficult to replace these 24 seniors, it's going to have to be a pretty serious regression for the Bison to miss the playoffs. GT might not see it that way and is going to be more conservative in his scheduling.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: ISU 1st Game 2014 - then 3 weeks of Nonconference open dates.......?

Because of the difference in number of scholarships, it's pretty tough to expect to beat one, let alone two, FBS teams every year. But if we could somehow get a home-and-home or even a 2-for-1 with a MAC team, I'd go for it in addition to an away FBS game.

Back to reality: now that the FCS playoff committee counts, to some extent, DII wins, I foresee one DII home game per year. I also think we will keep getting some FCS teams from out East to come visit for guaranteed games. Because college football can be so volatile from year to year, I don't think teams are unwilling to schedule us in the long term. And actually, I think Delaware State was fairly excited to be here when Gameday was here.

What is wrong with a couple of cupcakes? Next years team will need some time to gel and I see cupcakes as a good way to get some needed game speed reps.

no delaware st or ferris st or johns hopkins state of the blind go find another fbs and make some money

When do we see the thread with everyone's open dates?

I would like to see games on 9/6 and 9/13 and a bye right before the conference schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbear99 View Post
    What is wrong with a couple of cupcakes? Next years team will need some time to gel and I see cupcakes as a good way to get some needed game speed reps.

This here.

No need for another FBS game.

I don't see a need to play two FBS teams. High chance of injury and the team needs to gel first.

I don't wanna see two FBS teams on the schedule...sorry.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    I don't see a need to play two FBS teams. High chance of injury and the team needs to gel first.
    Oh please stop with the playing an FBS team creates more injuries (no evidence to back that up)........or are you just worried that NDSU will hurt the other teams players?