Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Zak Showalter

Default Re: Zak Showalter

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    as of now kading AJ La brown dupree
    I can't see LA and Dupree starting. I think they'll play together, but only LA will start.

LA...6'3", SR
    Brown...6'4", JR
    Jacobson...6'6", FR
    VandenBergh...6'5", SO
    Kading...6'8", JR

would be nice to have vandenburgh with a lil size coming off the bench. i think 3 guards is the way to go next year

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Can't honestly think he would be a legitimate target for us. We have what, 1 scholarship left, currently Werner listed at 6-6 and Kading listed at 6-8?, and a recruit listed at 6-7?

We could quite possible have 2 players listed above 6-7 and nobody listed above 6-8. Think about that. At this point we have to be pushing for the shortest team in all of Division 1 as it is.
    Not following everyone's logic on lack of height... our current starters at center and power forward are 6-8 (Bjorkland) and 6-7 (Trayvon) and we're doing just fine. So how can we be the shortest team in D1 if we replace them with a 6-8 Kading, 6-6 Werner, and 6-7 Westerberg. Throw in a 6-6 guard in AJ Jacobson and we are plenty tall.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Not following everyone's logic on lack of height... our current starters at center and power forward are 6-8 (Bjorkland) and 6-7 (Trayvon) and we're doing just fine. So how can we be the shortest team in D1 if we replace them with a 6-8 Kading, 6-6 Werner, and 6-7 Westerberg. Throw in a 6-6 guard in AJ Jacobson and we are plenty tall.
    Not really no, and with all due respect I think it's a bad comparison. Bjorklund is a high major skill player in a midmajor's body. Wright plays well above the rim. We also know very well what we're getting from them. Chris Kading was better last year as a Freshman. We don't even know if Werner (who's more 6'5" than 6'6") can even play at this level yet. Westerberg is a true freshmman although I heard good things about him. Jacobson is not an inside player, he is a perimeter player (I think he's going to be really really good, btw).

The lack of height isn't concerning. We play in the Summit and that's what we compare ourselves with. For me it's going to be the lack of skill combined with the lack of height. UND for example, is going to have 4-5 rotational players that our taller than our tallest players, and I would bet a bottom dollar they have absolutely no basketball skill whatsoever. The issue for me is I question our inside basketball skill too.

Alot of our makeup next year is because we have 3 really really good bigs this year (Aaberg has come out of nowehere and played like he expected because he is finally healthy), that will graduate. That's not really the fault of the program. I have followed college basketball in general for a good 15-20 years, and I have never seen an unknown with what we will have in our inside game next year, and that includes Miles at CSU. It's going to be a really good opportunity for alot of those players, but it wouldn't surprise me if there's some headaches along the way.

I think a lot of bison fans will be surprised and don't give Chris Kading enough credit.

The truth is kading has a solid inside game, problem is we just don't need that from him this season. Aaberg's emergence has played a big role on why Kading #s are down, now he is only backing up tray. Also don't forget Kading has watched and practiced against Marshall for two years. I think kading is going to be big for us next season, he also can stretch the floor.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Not really no, and with all due respect I think it's a bad comparison. Bjorklund is a high major skill player in a midmajor's body. Wright plays well above the rim. We also know very well what we're getting from them. Chris Kading was better last year as a Freshman. We don't even know if Werner (who's more 6'5" than 6'6") can even play at this level yet. Westerberg is a true freshmman although I heard good things about him. Jacobson is not an inside player, he is a perimeter player (I think he's going to be really really good, btw).

The lack of height isn't concerning. We play in the Summit and that's what we compare ourselves with. For me it's going to be the lack of skill combined with the lack of height. UND for example, is going to have 4-5 rotational players that our taller than our tallest players, and I would bet a bottom dollar they have absolutely no basketball skill whatsoever. The issue for me is I question our inside basketball skill too.

Alot of our makeup next year is because we have 3 really really good bigs this year (Aaberg has come out of nowehere and played like he expected because he is finally healthy), that will graduate. That's not really the fault of the program. I have followed college basketball in general for a good 15-20 years, and I have never seen an unknown with what we will have in our inside game next year, and that includes Miles at CSU. It's going to be a really good opportunity for alot of those players, but it wouldn't surprise me if there's some headaches along the way.
    Obviously there should be some drop off next year. We may be a bit more guard heavy. LA and KB need to have huge offseason. Im pretty high on Kading. I think he has potential to be a really good player. He's already a solid rebounder and shot blocker. He's gotten too many fouls this year with the rule changes and will need to adapt. His offensive game obviously isn't where Bjorkland is but that is going to improve with an opportunity to play more. He's only a sophomore. Ive never thought of Bjorkland as a great athlete. I think he's all about footwork, plus he has a great touch. Like Burghandy mentioned, Werner is long.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Also don't fool yourself and take for granted Marshall Bjorklund, fact is we don't get guys like him often, most certainly won't every year.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Kading will have a great opportunity, and definitely a summer to work. I do think there is a big difference from coming in and stealing minutes to actually becoming the main focal point on offense down low throughout the course of the game. I think he has a good future looking ahead, I think for myself is the concern for next year down low, especially with so many new guys. I really really like our collection of perimeter players, the ones we already have and the ones coming in.

Also, if you Bjorklund was a great athlete, there would not be a chance in hell that we would have got him.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think if we can use up those schollies to find a couple athletic players, we will be sitting just fine next year. Sorry for stating the obvious but I just hope the coaching staff can see the obvious...

Resurrecting an old thread -- Zac Showalter providing a HUGE spark for the Badgers tonight...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)