Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Zak Showalter

Default Re: Zak Showalter

I agree. Werner is a good enough and big enough player to play post in the Summit. It certainly will be a smaller team next year. That said wow did this get off the Zak Showalter rails.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I think Big Dex will be a fan favorite. He is fun to watch!
    Werner won't be able to play post with the change in rules. His game in HS was push shove and bully, all three get you in foul trouble now. Was never really impressed with his post game. I think he throws a wrinkle in at a 4, but still doesn't give us a legit big.

He could be a player similar to Andre Smith and I think if he fills that type of role I think he will be a fan favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    Werner won't be able to play post with the change in rules. His game in HS was push shove and bully, all three get you in foul trouble now. Was never really impressed with his post game. I think he throws a wrinkle in at a 4, but still doesn't give us a legit big.

He could be a player similar to Andre Smith and I think if he fills that type of role I think he will be a fan favorite.
    you can and will always be able to bully if you can use your lower body to do so well placed knees, hips are dangerous down low…….not inferring anything cheap

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    you can and will always be able to bully if you can use your lower body to do so well placed knees, hips are dangerous down low…….not inferring anything cheap
    Agreed. Good footwork often gets you good position which gives you leverage.
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Back onto the Zak Showalter idea of this thread, according to this article not only is he redshirting this season but he also went from scholarship player last year to walk-on status this year, can't imagine that was a lot of fun. He isn't even listed on the roster for Wisonsin on ESPN.com or CBSsports.com and he is the brother to NDSU commit Jake Showalter as well correct? That all sounds like good news for NDSU but all that being said I'll believe it when I see it. If we get Zak and then a big with our last two scholarships I would definitely be happy fan.

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...369775056.html

I have to ask this question: If he is no longer worthy of a scholarship at Wisconsin how excited should we get about offering him a scholly here? Just playing devil's advocate. I understand that Wisconsin is on another level I get it, just a thought I had and wonder if Burgandy or someone that might have more insight into his particular situation could comment.

I'm sure I will get flamed for this but we talk all the time about how there is usually a reason kids transfer(especially in football).

I personally would like more transfers in both sports. Take them on their own merits. This kid was recruited as hard as any kid we have recruited. Known the kid since he was a baby. He's on a log jam at the guard spot and bo Ryan is hot recruiting right now. He was good enough to not redshirt that should tell u something. This kid can play and play Bigtime in the summit. I'm going to dig more. I know it was his dream to play there but if they yanked his scholly maybe he will reconsider. He's a difference maker at our level. Huge difference between our two leagues. He's a tough kid.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I personally would like more transfers in both sports. Take them on their own merits. This kid was recruited as hard as any kid we have recruited. Known the kid since he was a baby. He's on a log jam at the guard spot and bo Ryan is hot recruiting right now. He was good enough to not redshirt that should tell u something. This kid can play and play Bigtime in the summit. I'm going to dig more. I know it was his dream to play there but if they yanked his scholly maybe he will reconsider. He's a difference maker at our level. Huge difference between our two leagues. He's a tough kid.
    Fair enough. I agree that each potential transfer should be judged individually.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Here is a thead about him on buckyville link http://buckyville.yuku.com/reply/970...g#reply-970928

Doesn't seem to be too much talk on any type of a transfer seems like he is just fine being a role/bench player and member of the Badgers... but who knows

There's no reason to shy away from transfers in college basketball. Kids transfer for all kinds of reasons, but usually only due to a lack of PT. Transfers can pay off in a big way, and quickly. Showalter would be a great get.

My two cents... Werner will only see the floor during garbage time while at NDSU. He is not a D1 basketball player. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see him producing anywhere near the same level as Andre Smith.

Jacobson is the best player to come out of Nd since N. Jacobson and Boschee. He might not be quite at their level, but he will be a star at NDSU.