Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Zak Showalter

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Zak Showalter

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    werner is not a walk on. he brings a toughness to the team. i still have my doubts about him too but you never know
    My bad, I was told he was a walk on, regardless, he is not that big which was the point but I hope you are right, you never know...

You apparently are very clued in. He had 4 division one offers prior to choosing ndsu after a very good AAU run. That includes an offer from sdsu. Dexter will be a fan favorite. He is a very different "big." he's very skilled and clearly not a seven footer but has a massive wingspan and understands how to create space. He has a knee injury that is minor but is keeping him out. He's a kid that will play next year and I'm not sure why he doesn't have more people excited about him. Bigs don't grow on trees. Let me know if u want any other facts, I will try to keep u on track.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

isn't his wing span something like equal to a 6 11 player. He was a man among boys in AAU my nephew played with him and he showed awesome in AU tourney's

jonny wood science where is dave richman should be at every game that guy is legit need some thugs to get dirty on the boards

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    You apparently are very clued in. He had 4 division one offers prior to choosing ndsu after a very good AAU run. That includes an offer from sdsu. Dexter will be a fan favorite. He is a very different "big." he's very skilled and clearly not a seven footer but has a massive wingspan and understands how to create space. He has a knee injury that is minor but is keeping him out. He's a kid that will play next year and I'm not sure why he doesn't have more people excited about him. Bigs don't grow on trees. Let me know if u want any other facts, I will try to keep u on track.
    I think people still have the mentality that "if they are in state, they can't play." Jacobson and Werner will be stars

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Most of this was opinion and not much facts...

I guess I'm going off my own experiences of watching him play in high school and he was impressive but I didn't think he was THAT good to be getting all excited about for a starting D1 roster...hope I'm wrong believe me.

What were you're thoughts when you watched him in high school Burg?

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Most of this was opinion and not much facts...

I guess I'm going off my own experiences of watching him play in high school and he was impressive but I didn't think he was THAT good to be getting all excited about for a starting D1 roster...hope I'm wrong believe me.

What were you're thoughts when you watched him in high school Burg?
    I watched him play several times when he was at Bismarck High. He was the best player in ND as a senior, but I wasn't sure if his game would transfer to the D1 level. I believe the coaches that recruited him put much more stock in his performance in AAU ball, where he did very well against bigger, more athletic competition. I don't think he will be a star, but I do think he will be a contributor.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I watched him play several times when he was at Bismarck High. He was the best player in ND as a senior, but I wasn't sure if his game would transfer to the D1 level. I believe the coaches that recruited him put much more stock in his performance in AAU ball, where he did very well against bigger, more athletic competition. I don't think he will be a star, but I do think he will be a contributor.
    Exactly my thoughts, I couldn't of said it better myself...and I hope you are right about him contributing because we are going to need him next year badly if we do not pick anyone up with size.

We all agree. My point was that we will need him and he will contribute. Kermit and I have seen him practice alot and share the opinion that it's amazing how he has a knack for getting his shot off. Plus, I personally enjoy his attitude. He has a personality. Our team needs some life.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We all agree. My point was that we will need him and he will contribute. Kermit and I have seen him practice alot and share the opinion that it's amazing how he has a knack for getting his shot off. Plus, I personally enjoy his attitude. He has a personality. Our team needs some life.
    I think Big Dex will be a fan favorite. He is fun to watch!
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden