Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zak Showalter

Default Zak Showalter

I was in Wisconsin this past weekend and heard a rumor from a local that Zak Showalter (2014 commit Jake Showalter's brother) might transfer to NDSU from Wisconsin due to lack of PT. Is there any steam to this? Anyone heard anything?
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Default Re: Zak Showalter

I haven't heard anything, but this would be a helluva get for our team!!!

If this happens, it iwll make my day. That kid can flat out play. We recruited him for YEARS. Relationship is beyond good between our staff and his parents. Dad played with Saul. Told Saul that we finished second behind Bo Ryan in that process, 2nd is the worst in recruiting. There has always been rumblings, but I do not believe he will ever play at Wisconsin. He did NOT redshirt, so this would really be great for NDSU. Kid is a beast. Man I wanted him bad back in the day. Hey....we have 2 scholarships!
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Looks like he is redshirting this year but either way he would have 2 years of eligibility at NDSU.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    If this happens, it iwll make my day. That kid can flat out play. We recruited him for YEARS. Relationship is beyond good between our staff and his parents. Dad played with Saul. Told Saul that we finished second behind Bo Ryan in that process, 2nd is the worst in recruiting. There has always been rumblings, but I do not believe he will ever play at Wisconsin. He did NOT redshirt, so this would really be great for NDSU. Kid is a beast. Man I wanted him bad back in the day. Hey....we have 2 scholarships!
    I would still like to save those scollies for a couple of bigs...I know you and silkieboy still believe we are plentiful at that position but even my unborn child and my dog can see that we are not...

As of now this is what our bigs will look like next year:

Chris Kading 6-9 junior
    Evan Wesenberg 6-7 true freshman

That's it...

Got to go, I've got a NASA project to work on.

Never have I said we are ok at big. I'd take Showalter in a blink. I also know the kids we are recruiting and its very clear we are after a big and an athlete. Showalter is a no brainer. Don't lump me in with other posters or put words in my mouth. Thank you.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    I would still like to save those scollies for a couple of bigs...I know you and silkieboy still believe we are plentiful at that position but even my unborn child and my dog can see that we are not...

As of now this is what our bigs will look like next year:

Chris Kading 6-9 junior
    Evan Wesenberg 6-7 true freshman

That's it...

Got to go, I've got a NASA project to work on.
    Dexter Werner will play next year. Sorry just trying to keep facts straight for you.

Never have I said we are ok at big. I'd take Showalter in a blink. I also know the kids we are recruiting and its very clear we are after a big and an athlete. Showalter is a no brainer. Don't lump me in with other posters or put words in my mouth. Thank you.
    Sounding like me now you fiesty SOB.....love it!!!!!

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Dexter Werner will play next year. Sorry just trying to keep facts straight for you.
    A 6-6 walk-on? Wow thanks for the facts. That should take care of our size.

If Werner does indeed play next year, we are in a world of hurt...

werner is not a walk on. he brings a toughness to the team. i still have my doubts about him too but you never know