Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Final Football Show: No Coach Bohl?

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Final Football Show: No Coach Bohl?

I would go recruiting in Hawaii. It's been damn cold up here lately.

Coach K is remodeling the set is what I HERD!

Quote Originally Posted by ACECON View Post
    What has changed? Championship game is earlier, or the play offs were played sooner?
    Expanded field this year, another week of playoff games.

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    I don't believe that is correct. The playoffs were the same number of rounds with the expansion. The shortened window between the Semis and Natty likely have to do with having an additional week of the regular season (12 game instead of 11 game).

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan02 View Post
    I don't believe that is correct. The playoffs were the same number of rounds with the expansion. The shortened window between the Semis and Natty likely have to do with having an additional week of the regular season (12 game instead of 11 game).
    this. same # of rounds. just more games

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post

Nope thanksgiving was a week later this year is the reason.

Sent from my HTC8x Windows Phone.

[QUOTE=1998braves64;814936]Nope thanksgiving was a week later this year is the reason.QUOTE]

I believe this is correct.

[QUOTE=BisonEngrGirl;814518]I hope this is the case. Until January 5th, it's still about Bison football.

I think so too! But then, its supposed to be this way, because I think technically C-Bohl is still under his NDSU contract. This has got to be a funny situation for him for the contract reason, plus at this point in his life, as a 50+ yr old guy, who has made football his profession and his passion, he HAS to be taking these last couple of weeks to enjoys success. Because he is going to start a huge re-building campaign for Wyoming, who has grand expectations, given Bohls success here at NDSU.
    C-Bohl must know that its going to be a rough road, and the biggest unknown is going to be at what point does Wyoming turn into a Jerry Jones(Dallas Cowboys) and get very impatient?
    Last weeks Craig Bohl show he seemed like a totally different guy, especially since he had minimized the "turn to the camera and fake a smile"!! He is heading into a great unknown, and while everyone loves a challenge, 50+ y/o folks loves them a lot less than younger people!

[QUOTE=thundarsdaddy;814954]
    Quote Originally Posted by BisonEngrGirl View Post
    I hope this is the case. Until January 5th, it's still about Bison football.

I think so too! But then, its supposed to be this way, because I think technically C-Bohl is still under his NDSU contract. This has got to be a funny situation for him for the contract reason, plus at this point in his life, as a 50+ yr old guy, who has made football his profession and his passion, he HAS to be taking these last couple of weeks to enjoys success. Because he is going to start a huge re-building campaign for Wyoming, who has grand expectations, given Bohls success here at NDSU.
    C-Bohl must know that its going to be a rough road, and the biggest unknown is going to be at what point does Wyoming turn into a Jerry Jones(Dallas Cowboys) and get very impatient?
    Last weeks Craig Bohl show he seemed like a totally different guy, especially since he had minimized the "turn to the camera and fake a smile"!! He is heading into a great unknown, and while everyone loves a challenge, 50+ y/o folks loves them a lot less than younger people!
    I think Reusse says he only has like 3 verbals; without a doubt, NDSU has a better recruiting class at this point than Wyoming, and i simply don't see how he can ignore this even if he is in a dead period; there are other things he could be doing like setting targets.

It really is a fascinating time. Honestly, Bohl is head coach in name only at this point and only for game planning; game decisions. I'd think Klieman has to be in finishing recruiting before the dead period and in full staff ramp up mode. Honestly, there are two head coaches now, but not in name.....wonder if Gene was able to give him the raise immediately?

If anyone thinks Bohl is 100% focused on NDSU right now they don't understand him or the business. He's our in game coach now. Everyone understands and is ok with this. If u think he's going to Laramie to "start" on Monday the 6th you are mistaken. He has a lot of work to get done, as does klieman and his partially named staff.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.