Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hold on now(grant olson)

Default Re: hold on now(grant olson)

I think it's good for younger players to see his dedication and his level toughness. Obviously they're not going to leave him out there the whole game and have him be a "liability" but after everything he's done for this team both on and off the field he deserves enough respect to let him play a few snaps at his last home game and last championship game. Good job Grant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You Gotsta Love Those BISON!

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I trust the coaches to make the right call on this...they're clearly focused on what the team needs (in all dimensions) and have a better sense than any of us what Grant can/can't do at a given moment.

I didn't even know he played a few downs. I'm usually watching who's in and who's out.

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Absolutely deserved to get out there for a few plays. Thanks to Grant for being a great leader both on/off the field!!!!
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

I don't think this was a matter of they were letting be out there to let the defense to hang out and dry, they legitimately wanted to know where he stood in a gameplay situation, so they snuck him out there for a couple plays, really any incoming recruit should aspire to have that kind of dedication and spirit to play Bison football to the best of their abilities. Grant has been the leader of the defense, him just being there can be a morale booster if only for 1 or 2 plays.

[QUOTE=BisonEngrGirl;813828]I think it's good for younger players to see his dedication and his level toughness. Obviously they're not going to leave him out there the whole game and have him be a "liability" but after everything he's done for this team both on and off the field he deserves enough respect to let him play a few snaps at his last home game and last championship game. Good job Grant!

This^^^^^^ was said so perfectly!

My wife has been a great Bison football, basketball, track fan forever.(was asked to walk on by Ruley in 80s even)
    But any woman who is a Bison football fanatic is in the top 1% of all woman created!

Bison Life is sooooo good!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Ya he was rotating in at the beginning of the game. Looked Ok, a step slow it seemed but give him two more weeks and he will be even better. I thought he would make it back for the championship but I didn't expect him back this early.
    I think the defense is better with him on the sideline. He is not even close to game speed and LJ is a much better athlete. Not to take anything away from grant but the D has looked and played great without him.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    I agree, he could be a good grad assistant.
    i hope he does his toughness leadership and love of the game has helped shape this team and id like to think he'd do just as good if not better as a coach. i dont remember posting this thread last night was good

Good example. Great character. Great leadership. One of my all time favorite players but I have a tough time believing he's not a liability with a torn acl. I hope I'm wrong. The coaches know more than we do

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

needed to get a few snaps yesterday will get a few more in two weeks.