Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast

Thread: Flight/hotel/car Tips to Frisco from a Travel Hacker

Default Re: Flight/hotel/car Tips to Frisco from a Travel Hacker

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    What's wrong with Spirit!?!
    group of 200 bison fans got left at airport on a Friday before Frisco in 2014 because of Spirit Shitty Airlines.. we jumped in a car to Kansas city airport what a joke #NeverAgain
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    You guys have the most wonderful arrogance! Buying flights in August for January championship games. Who else does that?
    No. One. 10char

You guys have the most wonderful arrogance! Buying flights in August for January championship games. Who else does that?
    At worst it’s just a slightly expensive option. I’d call it a very good trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

You mean flights, tickets, and hotel? And I've had my flights and hotel for about 9 months.....

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    You're right, don't click until you're ready to buy.
    This isn't true and one of the biggest misconceptions with airline prices. When you use a system such as Google Flights, it is pulling data from the real-time rate of each airline directly; not waiting to see what others are searching. The airline prices do not increase because of a consumer’s search history on a website, or their cookies, but because of inventory updates or glitches on the website. People just go along with that searching increases it barbecue that's what people hear on the internet. Its not true.

What people see when they shop multiple times and prices are changing is a reflection of inventory changes, data caching techniques and the fact that prices generally get more expensive closer to departure date, even within a day.

So...search away. You're not changing the price unless you book the flight or you are using different searching services that vary the rates (ie. Orbitz, Expedia, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by stpaulbison View Post
    My dad and I booked yesterday using Delta miles. 31k miles round trip out of Fargo Friday at noon, returning Sunday into Fargo at noon. We aren't out much cash and waiting until after the game pushes prices and miles required quite a bit higher. Looking just now and that same flight is already up to 46k miles to purchase. We paid the $27 for trip insurance which negates the $150 redeposit fee if we cancel flight within 72 hrs of originating flight.

Checking for a friend yesterday Priceline had 4 rooms at a Holiday Inn available, 4301 Paige Rd in The Colony for $109/night Fri - Sun. Refundable room. Less than 15 minute drive to stadium.

can you send me a link to this policy? I have been looking on Delta and found the only 'insurance' they have for flight cancellation is only revolving around medial causes or loss of employment.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    can you send me a link to this policy? I have been looking on Delta and found the only 'insurance' they have for flight cancellation is only revolving around medial causes or loss of employment.
    I'm also curious about this policy. And if it comes down to it and you need help getting terminated from your job, hit me up. I can come of with some great ways of losing employment.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    I did some more looking last night trying to figure it out. If I cancel my award flight more than 3 days in advance of the flight, I will get my miles back but will be charged a $150 redeposit fee for the miles to go back into my account. I purchased the $27 insurance thinking they would reimburse that $150. They will reimburse any redeposit fee for a miles program up to $300, however the cancellation must fall under one of the listed reasons to cancel. Pretty much death, job, dismemberment, weather, etc like you stated as per the insurance policy they sent me.

Depending on how you value miles if it be 0.005 or 0.01 per mile, 31000 miles will range from $150 to $300 in cash value. I'm not too concerned about it since I feel like we got a good deal and secured seats before things get crazy. Would I have bought the $27 trip insurance had I known the policy better? No. If Bison lose, big if, I'm probably out $150 but I may have saved 3 times that or more by not waiting. Its a risk and reward type of deal I guess.

Hope that helps.

Booked today out of Minneapolis, flying AA, $160 round trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison_Pyro View Post
    Booked today out of Minneapolis, flying AA, $160 round trip.
    What day/time?

Im flying out of MSP but $160 is a steal.