Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Flight/hotel/car Tips to Frisco from a Travel Hacker

Default Re: Flight/hotel/car Tips to Frisco from a Travel Hacker

Dark day in travel hacking. Too distraught at Scruffy Duffies to post....

Find me and I'll buy you a drink...
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    Find me and I'll buy you a drink...
    Crap, gone. At hotel again.

Well. Guess I'll have to drink two...
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    Well. Guess I'll have to drink two...
    Heading back.

Just want to bump this thread. Good stuff in here, and I encourage folks to post stuff as it comes up. Note my previous comments on using the 24 rules of airlines to buy tickets with no risk. Prices will only go up.....

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Just want to bump this thread. Good stuff in here, and I encourage folks to post stuff as it comes up. Note my previous comments on using the 24 rules of airlines to buy tickets with no risk. Prices will only go up.....
    Have my flights set in my account. Pulling the trigger Thursday night for the 24 hour rule. We were looking to go to the cities in January anyways, and have friends that live 10 mins from the airport so the savings from going out of MSP were just too good to pass up. Saved us $900 total not flying out of Fargo (and no, not going through Spirit. All flights either through Delta or American). Its just really sad how much more it is going out of Hector. However, I full realize the easy of just driving to 19th ave and flying out.

What's wrong with Spirit!?!

I don't want to look since they drive the price up based on web searches but through aa.com as of yesterday you could get roundtrip directs from Fargo to DFW that leaves Fargo Thursday 1/4 at 2:30PM into DFW at 5:15 and comes back Sunday 1/7 leaving DFW at 11:15AM into Fargo at 2PM for $800.

That's the non-refundable rate but you can change to a different American Airlines flight (anytime within 12 months of the original booking I believe) for a $200 change fee plus whatever the fare for your new flight is.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I don't want to look since they drive the price up based on web searches but through aa.com as of yesterday you could get roundtrip directs from Fargo to DFW that leaves Fargo Thursday 1/4 at 2:30PM into DFW at 5:15 and comes back Sunday 1/7 leaving DFW at 11:15AM into Fargo at 2PM for $800.

That's the non-refundable rate but you can change to a different American Airlines flight (anytime within 12 months of the original booking I believe) for a $200 change fee plus whatever the fare for your new flight is.
    Interesting to see if Delta will add directs again. They've done that a few times.