Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Flight/hotel/car Tips to Frisco from a Travel Hacker

Default Re: Flight/hotel/car Tips to Frisco from a Travel Hacker

Quote Originally Posted by MplsThunderingHerdFan View Post
    I'm probably a moron and doing it wrong. That or they're giving me the run around about this rule. The gal I spoke with said that no longer exists and said she could offer me refundable tickets at a higher price. What's the process for holding?
    EDIT: Do it as a hold for AA.

I am sure you'd see a spot to do that when booking on the AA site.

http://www.theflightdeal.com/2012/09...ated-11192012/

Quote Originally Posted by MplsThunderingHerdFan View Post
    I'm probably a moron and doing it wrong. That or they're giving me the run around about this rule. The gal I spoke with said that no longer exists and said she could offer me refundable tickets at a higher price. What's the process for holding?
    Here is the link...

http://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/hold_...URL&title=hold

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    Was her name Rev. Bob and was she requiring a tattoo as well?
    Well she did say it would only hurt a moment and bite on this!

Thanks for the URL on holding. I'll try this route and see what happens.

I just went through on AA acting like i was buying a flight online, and when it asks for credit card, you will also see a 24 hour hold option.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I just went through on AA acting like i was buying a flight online, and when it asks for credit card, you will also see a 24 hour hold option.
    Perfect! Thanks for helping out the rookie here!

Well the wife won, not that I lost at all but she was not happy when I said that we shouldn't go to TX and basically told me we were going. Going to be a quick Fri-Sun trip that we will piece together but it'll be fun. Flying out of MSP unfortunately but I need some things at the Ecco outlet in Albertville anyway. Now we will have to start looking for a hotel, car and game ticket. Have to see what we have for rewards available or if we will just be paying for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Well the wife won, not that I lost at all but she was not happy when I said that we shouldn't go to TX and basically told me we were going. Going to be a quick Fri-Sun trip that we will piece together but it'll be fun. Flying out of MSP unfortunately but I need some things at the Ecco outlet in Albertville anyway. Now we will have to start looking for a hotel, car and game ticket. Have to see what we have for rewards available or if we will just be paying for it.
    So what you are saying is you need a new purse. RTO should be able to give you some reviews. Bisonmike can prolly offer some advice as well, but he just isn't as stylish as rto...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    So what you are saying is you need a new purse. RTO should be able to give you some reviews. Bisonmike can prolly offer some advice as well, but he just isn't as stylish as rto...
    For a fee, I am willing to do personal shopping at the outlet mall for bisonvillers but it comes with several provisions.

1) You pay for all shipping plus my gas to get to the UPS store.

2) No returns unless you pay an additional fee.

3) I will go over to the outlet on my own damn time not when you need something by. There are some nights that you just have to avoid that place at all cost and you won't know it until you get there.

4) All purchases are screened by Mrs Bisonmike. If she likes something, she'll take it. Now I won't charge you for that, but I'll have to make a second trip over to make another purchase for you so it may delay the arrival of your order.

5) At any time during the process, I can say, "f*ck this, I ain't doing this anymore. What a pain in the ass". All funds minus the service charge and an additional fee for getting me so frustrated I gave up on the process will be returned.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    For a fee, I am willing to do personal shopping at the outlet mall for bisonvillers but it comes with several provisions.

1) You pay for all shipping plus my gas to get to the UPS store.

2) No returns unless you pay an additional fee.

3) I will go over to the outlet on my own damn time not when you need something by. There are some nights that you just have to avoid that place at all cost and you won't know it until you get there.

4) All purchases are screened by Mrs Bisonmike. If she likes something, she'll take it. Now I won't charge you for that, but I'll have to make a second trip over to make another purchase for you so it may delay the arrival of your order.

5) At any time during the process, I can say, "f*ck this, I ain't doing this anymore. What a pain in the ass". All funds minus the service charge and an additional fee for getting me so frustrated I gave up on the process will be returned.
    So basically you are saying you are gay for pay. Why did you have to write that whole novel? Just say you are gay for pay.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    So basically you are saying you are gay for pay. Why did you have to write that whole novel? Just say you are gay for pay.
    Well for one, I wasn't sure everyone was familiar with that term but this is Bisonville. What was I thinking?