Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Flight/hotel/car Tips to Frisco from a Travel Hacker

Default Re: Flight/hotel/car Tips to Frisco from a Travel Hacker

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Last year I didn't get the toll pass through enterprise and I ended up getting a bill for around $30 bucks in February. I can't remember how much the pass cost but I figured it was pretty much a wash.
    Yes, I rented an suv and the tolls were cheaper than the toll pass, of course I only traveled on tolls from Frisco to the airport
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    I've never rented from Alamo before - anyone have a review on them? I reserved a car for about $9 a day from the Dallas Airport...should that make me nervous or is that just what they do?

They're owned by the same company as national rental cars. Alamo caters to leisure travel, national is more business oriented from what I've been told. Not sure if that gives you different service or not.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So why don't you just drive to Minneapolis? I see flights departing on Friday for DFW and returning Sunday for $307!

Last time I checked you could get tickets from Sioux Falls to DFW Thursday through Monday for $288.

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    So why don't you just drive to Minneapolis? I see flights departing on Friday for DFW and returning Sunday for $307!
    You mean the one that arrives in Dallas at 1:15am Saturday and returns to Minneapolis at midnight Sunday/Monday? Not surprising there are seats available on that - that's a dog shit travel schedule.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Delta is probably waiting till all current flights fill up to see if there is a need to add more??
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Game starts at 11 am, should be over by about 2:15 pm, then a celebration. What's the earliest flight you would dare get out of Dallas that Saturday, considering a taxi or rental car return to the airport? 6 p.m., 7 p.m.?

Quote Originally Posted by PlainsBison View Post
    Game starts at 11 am, should be over by about 2:15 pm, then a celebration. What's the earliest flight you would dare get out of Dallas that Saturday, considering a taxi or rental car return to the airport? 6 p.m., 7 p.m.?
    Taking a taxi will save you half an hour. I would say anytime after 6 would be comfortable. 5 would probably work as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PlainsBison View Post
    I've flown out as early as 5:15, if I recall correctly. I didn't get to stay for much of the celebration after, and it was a bit of a rush to the airport, fill up with gas, and return rental car, but I made it in plenty of time.

I think after 6 would be a lot more comfortable.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Looks like Uber is now covering Plano and Frisco. I don't think they were last year, were they?
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!