Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Flight/hotel/car Tips to Frisco from a Travel Hacker

Default Re: Flight/hotel/car Tips to Frisco from a Travel Hacker

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I don't want to look since they drive the price up based on web searches but through aa.com as of yesterday you could get roundtrip directs from Fargo to DFW that leaves Fargo Thursday 1/4 at 2:30PM into DFW at 5:15 and comes back Sunday 1/7 leaving DFW at 11:15AM into Fargo at 2PM for $800.

That's the non-refundable rate but you can change to a different American Airlines flight (anytime within 12 months of the original booking I believe) for a $200 change fee plus whatever the fare for your new flight is.
    We have this flight. It was $390. (after midnight) the night before the San Diego game. Then it jumped to $439. You're right, don't click until you're ready to buy.

I hope to have my new car within the next two weeks. Looking forward to the drive down stopping in Memphis early enough to find a BBQ restaurant open. Last time I made that trip was 2011 and every place was closed.

Gonna eat at the Waffle House in West Memphis, AR the next morning. Worked the first time.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    Have my flights set in my account. Pulling the trigger Thursday night for the 24 hour rule. We were looking to go to the cities in January anyways, and have friends that live 10 mins from the airport so the savings from going out of MSP were just too good to pass up. Saved us $900 total not flying out of Fargo (and no, not going through Spirit. All flights either through Delta or American). Its just really sad how much more it is going out of Hector. However, I full realize the easy of just driving to 19th ave and flying out.
    My dad and I booked yesterday using Delta miles. 31k miles round trip out of Fargo Friday at noon, returning Sunday into Fargo at noon. We aren't out much cash and waiting until after the game pushes prices and miles required quite a bit higher. Looking just now and that same flight is already up to 46k miles to purchase. We paid the $27 for trip insurance which negates the $150 redeposit fee if we cancel flight within 72 hrs of originating flight.

Checking for a friend yesterday Priceline had 4 rooms at a Holiday Inn available, 4301 Paige Rd in The Colony for $109/night Fri - Sun. Refundable room. Less than 15 minute drive to stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by stpaulbison View Post
    My dad and I booked yesterday using Delta miles. 31k miles round trip out of Fargo Friday at noon, returning Sunday into Fargo at noon. We aren't out much cash and waiting until after the game pushes prices and miles required quite a bit higher. Looking just now and that same flight is already up to 46k miles to purchase. We paid the $27 for trip insurance which negates the $150 redeposit fee if we cancel flight within 72 hrs of originating flight.

Checking for a friend yesterday Priceline had 4 rooms at a Holiday Inn available, 4301 Paige Rd in The Colony for $109/night Fri - Sun. Refundable room. Less than 15 minute drive to stadium.
    Careful, Delta usually does not allow any miles redeposit within 72 hours of departure. So, if you are inside of that, you are screwed; think you wasted your money unless you meant cancel before 72 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Careful, Delta usually does not allow any miles redeposit within 72 hours of departure. So, if you are inside of that, you are screwed; think you wasted your money unless you meant cancel before 72 hours.
    You are correct, I meant we can cancel between now and 3 days before the flight and get credit back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I hope to have my new car within the next two weeks. Looking forward to the drive down stopping in Memphis early enough to find a BBQ restaurant open. Last time I made that trip was 2011 and every place was closed.
    Gonna eat at the Waffle House in West Memphis, AR the next morning. Worked the first time.
    Don't get shot. They are known for that where I come from...
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Booked an American Airlines flight out of MSP back in August for $125 round trip! Risk I was willing to take.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Don't get shot. They are known for that where I come from...
    It was surreal. I was at the counter with 3 old guys with seed hats and accents straight out of a John Grisham movie. I might be looking forward to that breakfast the most.

I have a WH about 4 blocks from my house now. The kids love it.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU View Post
    Booked an American Airlines flight out of MSP back in August for $125 round trip! Risk I was willing to take.

You guys have the most wonderful arrogance! Buying flights in August for January championship games. Who else does that?
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU View Post
    That's a seriously good deal. Many will spend more than that on game tickets. If SH pulls out the winyou just consider it a $125 education