Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    $10,000,000
    $1
    I donated $.50 last week.

NWNDBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The New BSA

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    I donated $.50 last week.
    Good start! More than I have done. Think of it: $0.50/wk X 52 weeks = $26. $26.00 X 19000 (FargoDome capacity) = $494,000.00. Who says little contributions don't help? You just need a lot of them to add up.

NWNDBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Don't know when this "Competitive Edge" promotional video was done. 2012? Hadn't seen it before I don't think. Has lots of staff promotional quotes, but also has some fuzzy 3-D mockups. Is this still the current plan? Anyone know?

http://www.gobison.com/sports/2013/6/6/edge.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by NWNDBison View Post
    Good start! More than I have done. Think of it: $0.50/wk X 52 weeks = $26. $26.00 X 19000 (FargoDome capacity) = $494,000.00. Who says little contributions don't help? You just need a lot of them to add up.
    But everyone told me playing the 50/50 doesn't help NDSU athletics that I should just donate my money to teammakers its a better investment.

The state legislature decided NDSU should shrink the package accordingly to better suit their small backward thinking and assure their manhood was not assaulted.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Why are they building so small? 6000 is not much more than the current BSA capacity.
    Why not lower floor 10 feet and raise roof 10 feet?
    Are some sight lines still going to be in the rafters and behind pillars?
    I hear the permanent stands on west side will remain along with 2 pillars. Is the pillar obstruction a planned feature of NDSU venues just like the Fargodome? Same thing with designing buildings with no flexibility for expansion?
    Is the renovated BSA going to look like 10 lbs shoved into a 5 lb bag?
    Glad somebody else asked question first. I was thinking the same thing. Is 5600 enough? Why not bigger? We don't want same FD problem if basketball team starts winning on a regular basis. Why not go to 8-10k? What would this cost? Or just tear down old BSA and start over 100%. Just uneducated questions I guess, not trying to be Debbie downer.

Quote Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb Bison View Post
    Glad somebody else asked question first. I was thinking the same thing. Is 5600 enough? Why not bigger? We don't want same FD problem if basketball team starts winning on a regular basis. Why not go to 8-10k? What would this cost? Or just tear down old BSA and start over 100%. Just uneducated questions I guess, not trying to be Debbie downer.
    ha ha I will take the blame for not thinking this is the best facility ever. And the answers to the difficult questions are the state is too damn cheap, and the residents didn't donate enough private funds to a facility the state will own. Just be happy this is better than current BSA and don't ever think about the future. I mean NDSU and Fargo are the same size as 10 years ago and the Bison are still DII. The fan base is shrinking.

Will it have arena-shaped seating with all permanent seats?

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Will there be pillars in the corners that can be removed some day when we are ready to expand it?
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    Will there be pillars in the corners that can be removed some day when we are ready to expand it?
    I have it on good authority that the new BSA will be a perfect fit for this new cantilever technology I keep hearing about.