Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sam Ojuri- All Time List

Default Re: Sam Ojuri- All Time List

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Did Steffes or Morris have another 1000 yard rusher splitting carries with them like Ojuri does?
    Well, Morris had Reggie Scott who was one of the best RBs to ever play at NDSU - plus he also split carries with Kevin Feeney (no slouch either) - NDSU's QB was the primary ball carrier back then.

BTW, I don't think they are including postseason rushing totals for Bentrim, Simdorn, or Satter. There is no way that Bentrim only played in 35 games - they're missing 12 postseason games worth of rushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison06 View Post
    Not sure if he was 1000 yard guy, but Lamar had many carries taken away from him by another great RB Deshawn Perkins.
    I believe he was in 2001...unless I'm mistaken they were #1-2 in the NCC in rushing that year. Perkins had awesome feet, I remember how quick he was to make a move.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Sam Ojuri is the most underrated RB I've ever seen.

Didn't think we'd see his career turn out like this when he missed 2010. He's just a stud!!!
    There is a reason the coaches decided not to dismiss him after he was voted off the team the year prior. I've said in here before one of the coaches told me based on talent, Sam is at the top of the list of the backs who have come through here.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Satter might be the most talented back we've had. He essentially split carries with the QB Simdorn and Marty Sieh. His Senior year was one where he battled ankle problems all season.

The most successful back we've had is absolutely Lamar Gordon. His numbers are way up there and he played hurt most of his Senior season. He had an ankle injury that wasn't really diagnosed correctly until his second or third NFL season. Marshall Faulk is what kept him from having a more productive NFL career because he kept him off the field. When Marshall got hurt, Lamar got his chance and did well. Then they drafted Steven Jackson and that ended up sending Lamar to Miami. One of the few NDSU NFL players who a team actually traded for I think.

Doug Lloyd also had a brief NFL career and didn't have the numbers at NDSU because of our system. He is underrated by our fans.

Most underrated? Kyle Steffes IMO.

The numbers that Sam is putting up speak for themselves. I wouldn't argue with anybody who puts him in the top 5 of all time. I hope he gets a shot at the next level and turns it into a decent career.
    Mays being another that was traded for JJ Arrington for because the Broncos needed LB Depth.

And going back to Lamar, remember that he missed at least one full game during the window kicking incident in Moorhead that resulted in him being taken off the bus on the way to Mankato, which was the turning point in that season. We win that game and its a completely different season.

I like Ojuri's ability to pick up a blitz and his smarts (aka he knows when not to go out of bounds).

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Sam missing 2010 and splitting the yards with other backs. Just think what it could have been. Truly amazing. He was fun to watch last Saturday.

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sam kicks hiney.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sam is a great back and has had a great career. After the big run against CC, he politely sets the ball down in the end zone. I'm old school, I like guys who act like they have been there before!... Satter was IMO the most exciting RB the Bison have had. When he got the ball everyone stood up because you didn't want to miss something special!

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Sam is a great back and has had a great career. After the big run against CC, he politely sets the ball down in the end zone. I'm old school, I like guys who act like they have been there before!... Satter was IMO the most exciting RB the Bison have had. When he got the ball everyone stood up because you didn't want to miss something special!
    I agree with semos comment on Satter , but I felt similar with Roehl as he just blew up and ran past dbacks like no one else we have ever had.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

One thing I will say is Sam has improved a lot over the last two years. He used to hesitate a little before the LOS and he no longer does that. He has developed into a complete back. Crockett does need to learn just a little how to wait for the whole to develop and then explode.

It is still weird to me how little Crockett played on Saturday. I am not sure why that was but for the last year and a half they have split series and Crockett maybe only played 15 offensive plays on Saturday and that's it.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.