Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sam Ojuri- All Time List

Default Re: Sam Ojuri- All Time List

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    YPC trumps all, imo. Anyone have the yards per carry for the top ten list of career yardage?
    Agreed, that would be interesting to see.

Did Steffes or Morris have another 1000 yard rusher splitting carries with them like Ojuri does?

YPC trumps all, imo. Anyone have the yards per carry for the top ten list of career yardage?
    Career (Minimum 200 carries):
    7.5, Tony Satter
    (3,212 on 430), 1987-90

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Did Steffes or Morris have another 1000 yard rusher splitting carries with them like Ojuri does?
    Not sure if he was 1000 yard guy, but Lamar had many carries taken away from him by another great RB Deshawn Perkins.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    7.5, Tony Satter
    (3,212 on 430), 1987-90
    According to gobison.com, Ojuri's stats:
    Attempts: 620
    Yards: 3535
    YPC: 5.7

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    7.5, Tony Satter
    (3,212 on 430), 1987-90
    I think this Tony Satter guy was pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I tell you what. The one I'm impressed with is John Crockett. Despite being a FBS talent, he is willing to wait his turn at #1 on the 2 deep. When he gets into the game, he just kills it.
    Even though him and Ojuri are similar size backs, they are nothing like each other with the ball. While Sam is smooth, Crockett is violent. I am waiting for a defender to be laying on the ground with a broken ankle one day trying to stay with Crockett. He can make guys look very stupid out there. You can tell he is learning hanging around Sam. Last year, his cuts were lateral and he would lose downfield momentum. This season you are seeing more cuts still taking him forward by being diagonal to the LOS rather than parallel to it.

There have been a couple of times when he has run a sweep or pitch out for 15-18 yards on the edge and tried to freeze a defender with a slight shiver. I am waiting for him to just cut back to the middle of the field and leave the defender there watching him go by. I think this is one of the biggest difference between him and Ojuri. Ojuri might have better downfield vision where he can see the next level better. Crockett is about the immediate area around him.

We have been so lucky to get to watch these two guys go. I am a huge fan of both of them and as much as I want to see Crockett on the field more, it isn't like Ojuri is a step back. I don't know what cliche fits these two. Fire and ice?

Gordon 783 / 4,700 yds. 6.0 ypg
    Steffes 800 / 3,952 yds. 4.94 ypc
    Morris 559 / 3,688 yds. 6.60 ypc

Sam O. with my numbers has an ave. of 5.5 ypc and still counting.

GO BISON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BismarckBisonFan View Post
    Gordon 783 / 4,700 yds. 6.0 ypg
    Steffes 800 / 3,952 yds. 4.94 ypc
    Morris 559 / 3,688 yds. 6.60 ypc

Sam O. with my numbers has an ave. of 5.5 ypc and still counting.
    Makes Jake Morris's and Lamar's numbers even more impressive when you show the YPC.

I think this Tony Satter guy was pretty decent.
    Satter might be the most talented back we've had. He essentially split carries with the QB Simdorn and Marty Sieh. His Senior year was one where he battled ankle problems all season.

The most successful back we've had is absolutely Lamar Gordon. His numbers are way up there and he played hurt most of his Senior season. He had an ankle injury that wasn't really diagnosed correctly until his second or third NFL season. Marshall Faulk is what kept him from having a more productive NFL career because he kept him off the field. When Marshall got hurt, Lamar got his chance and did well. Then they drafted Steven Jackson and that ended up sending Lamar to Miami. One of the few NDSU NFL players who a team actually traded for I think.

Doug Lloyd also had a brief NFL career and didn't have the numbers at NDSU because of our system. He is underrated by our fans.

Most underrated? Kyle Steffes IMO.

The numbers that Sam is putting up speak for themselves. I wouldn't argue with anybody who puts him in the top 5 of all time. I hope he gets a shot at the next level and turns it into a decent career.