Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach K's Staff Prognostication

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Coach K's Staff Prognostication

Who stays from the current staff?

Who is being talked about coming in?

Already hearing Salmon's name as previously mentioned.

I'm very excited to see who he can bring in. Will have great contacts and lots of possibilities. Will be fun to watch.

NWNDBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Coach K's Staff Prognostication

Bohl will probably take most of who's left on staff. Must be a big disappointment to WYO that Klieman won't be coming to them. I think they really wanted to improve their defense. But Bohl has good connections. He knows what to look for. I also think Bohl has good relations with Klieman, certainly a love for the advantages NDSU has given him in his career ladder. Once his own coaching staff is filled, I have no doubt Bohl will help Klieman find the best staff possible. Coaching is a fraternity, they say. And yes, NDSU is a great move for many very capable disillusioned coaching coordinators who just want to work for a championship caliber team.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Brian Ward of Western Illinois for defensive coordinator. He was with the Bison a couple of years ago. He is a star in the making.

Breske?????

I think Mike Breskke is wash st d-coord..

OPPS! Sorry didn't see purple font!......I cant be color blind!

Folks have speculated on both Burns and Cooper remaining but both of them are going with Bohl. The only two coaches whose names I haven't seen mentioned are Goeser and Fuchs, and either of those two could still possibly be leaving. I think the Salmon connection with Klieman from UNI is a good one - that offense has had some crazy weapons the last few years, and I'm guessing that as a former quarterback for the Panthers he's had some impact on the positive progressions of Tirrell Rennie and Sawyer Kollmorgen over the past four seasons. Salmon has been at UNI for 27 years, so he obviously knows league defenses and despite this year's Panther squad's pedestrian offensive numbers, he's had some success there and I have to attribute his remainder as a sign of his affinity for the UNI program. Injuries played a ton into UNI's struggles this year - look no further than how they played against us and you know they had/have some legit weapons on offense.

Here's Salmon's page on UNI's website, for those interested.

Elsewhere, wouldn't be surprised if a staffer or two from WIU defected here given Klieman's past work at that university. Also wouldn't be surprised if we get a name or two that no one on here knows anything about from Klieman's D-III connections or elsewhere. I trust that he'll have some good thoughts on who to bring in, and his variety of jobs can certainly benefit him when he's scouting for potential hirees.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Quote Originally Posted by bisoninloveland View Post
    OPPS! Sorry didn't see purple font!......I cant be color blind!
    But.....you were correct despite not seeing the purple font.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

On other threads I have seen fans wondering about the wisdom of pursuing Salmon as OC and wishing Vigen could stay. I was thinking back several years when fans were consistently complaining about Vigen for being too vanilla, predictable, uncreative etc. but look what his offense has become with a good qb at the helm. So much of it boils down to personnel. I havnt looked at UNI's past offensive numbers but they played well vs a Big 12 defense and against ours. Recruit well and our offense will continue to shine.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    Folks have speculated on both Burns and Cooper remaining but both of them are going with Bohl. The only two coaches whose names I haven't seen mentioned are Goeser and Fuchs, and either of those two could still possibly be leaving. I think the Salmon connection with Klieman from UNI is a good one - that offense has had some crazy weapons the last few years, and I'm guessing that as a former quarterback for the Panthers he's had some impact on the positive progressions of Tirrell Rennie and Sawyer Kollmorgen over the past four seasons. Salmon has been at UNI for 27 years, so he obviously knows league defenses and despite this year's Panther squad's pedestrian offensive numbers, he's had some success there and I have to attribute his remainder as a sign of his affinity for the UNI program. Injuries played a ton into UNI's struggles this year - look no further than how they played against us and you know they had/have some legit weapons on offense.

Here's Salmon's page on UNI's website, for those interested.

Elsewhere, wouldn't be surprised if a staffer or two from WIU defected here given Klieman's past work at that university. Also wouldn't be surprised if we get a name or two that no one on here knows anything about from Klieman's D-III connections or elsewhere. I trust that he'll have some good thoughts on who to bring in, and his variety of jobs can certainly benefit him when he's scouting for potential hirees.
    And has under preformed. UNI fans would be ecstatic to get rid of him.