Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

Default Re: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Like I said in a different thread....SHSU to the FBS is just a bunch of hot air.

JMU is the next school moving up....only questions are is where will they go and what will Delaware do?
    So they move up---Then when the big shake happens where will they land?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonville GasMan View Post
    Since you mentioned JMU, here is an interesting article about them preparing for a move to FBS...note the $62.5 millon dollar upgrade to stadium. Has NDSU done any real feasability studies like this?...

http://www.championshipsubdivisionne...ootball?blog=2
    They are using the same consultants that NDSU did for the move to D1.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    Gasman the is millions around here yo just gotta ask fo it aka fundraiser like pimps not d2
    yep. Slick nailed it. This needs to be sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Well there are two schools of thought on the shake up. Some think you are better to move up now. I'm not sure who is right or wrong.

That said I think part of JMU moving up is that they aren't happy with the direction of their current conference. They'd rather be in the CUSA with ODU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonville GasMan View Post
    Since you mentioned JMU, here is an interesting article about them preparing for a move to FBS...note the $62.5 millon dollar upgrade to stadium. Has NDSU done any real feasability studies like this?...

http://www.championshipsubdivisionne...ootball?blog=2
    Was wondering when a new alias would take this up.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Well there are two schools of thought on the shake up. Some think you are better to move up now. I'm not sure who is right or wrong.

That said I think part of JMU moving up is that they aren't happy with the direction of their current conference. They'd rather be in the CUSA with ODU.
    The question is will they get that invite?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    That is where I am at. If they will land no better than where they will be if they wait for the shakeup, then keep going on this road and prepare for the next step and wait for it. If there really is concern the shakeup will somehow leave us on the outside looking in, then of course there needs to be movement now.

I think the shakeup will change the way the NCAA looks at D1 football from the sense of scholarship commitments vs. stadium size and so on. While NDSU might not look like a viable candidate in its current position, the entire Valley might look attractive in the next era as that level below the super conferences. There are going to be a lot of schools looking for a new level either up or down.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    That is where I am at. If they will land no better than where they will be if they wait for the shakeup, then keep going on this road and prepare for the next step and wait for it. If there really is concern the shakeup will somehow leave us on the outside looking in, then of course there needs to be movement now.

I think the shakeup will change the way the NCAA looks at D1 football from the sense of scholarship commitments vs. stadium size and so on. While NDSU might not look like a viable candidate in its current position, the entire Valley might look attractive in the next era as that level below the super conferences. There are going to be a lot of schools looking for a new level either up or down.
    GT has mentioned this numerous times. You can bet he has all the information for a move and a plan in place to make a move when the need arises.

Gene can't make the move until we're finished setting the record for consecutive fcs championships and who knows how many years that will be.

I'm thinking it will be one year to set the record for consecutive championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Ndsu84 View Post
    Gene can't make the move until we're finished setting the record for consecutive fcs championships and who knows how many years that will be.
    It's OK to not be OK.