Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

Default Re: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    NDSU can only go up IF they join a football only conference. They need to stay in the Summit because fans do not support basketball and other sports like they should.
    The new arena should help change the support for the better IMHO.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Yes, it should but unless they come close to selling out, NDSU cannot afford to leave the Summit. I graduated from NDSU in 1991, basketball attendance was higher in 1991 than today. SU use to led DII to basketball attendance every year or top 5.

Yes, it should but unless they come close to selling out, NDSU cannot afford to leave the Summit. I graduated from NDSU in 1991, basketball attendance was higher in 1991 than today. SU use to led DII to basketball attendance every year or top 5.
    That just shows that support for athletics can change over time and that while we might be riding the huge wave of success right now and are having a hard time finding tickets to home games it was just a couple years ago (2011) when you could go online the week of the game and find tickets for the games.... and a couple years before that we had what, 10,000-12,000 in the stands at most games? What changed from then until now? Oh, that's right... national championships! Once we don't win one for a few years in a row OR miss the playoffs a couple times things will be closer to 2010/11 than they are right now... of course they'll ramp back up as soon as we have a good team again. Point being, what is the allure of playing in the "Congratulations on barely having a winning season bowl" and why would our fans want to travel to it every year?

We travel well to FBS games now because we know we can hang with the big boys even though we have a theoretically smaller talent pool and everyone wants to cheer for the underdog. I just don't see our fanbase continuing to travel every week in large numbers to MWC or MAC schools for games we (in the minds of many Bison fans) should win every time. We would no longer be the underdog, our fans will get complacent especially when we aren't playing for anything really. We aren't used to not playing for championships. We aren't used to having a pointless out of conference game in a useless bowl at the end of the season... but if we move up (as things sit currently) that will be reality with the current way "championships" are decided at the FBS level.

Part of the BBall attendance issue is that when games were friday-saturday you got a double header and it was a good deal. Now a big part of that was the Women Success, but that is a great part of it. Add to it the fact that they really haven't updated the arena at all since then leads to what you see today. I think you may see an attendance boost with the update to the arena.

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    Part of the BBall attendance issue is that when games were friday-saturday you got a double header and it was a good deal. Now a big part of that was the Women Success, but that is a great part of it. Add to it the fact that they really haven't updated the arena at all since then leads to what you see today. I think you may see an attendance boost with the update to the arena.

there were plenty of people who came fir the women's game and left before the men's game. Oh how times have changed

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    there were plenty of people who came fir the women's game and left before the men's game. Oh how times have changed

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.
    There's a degree of truth to that. I went to a ton of games back then because I lived an hour away and the double headers were a treat.

The Bison Women were super fun to watch because they basically won all the time and some of them were just fun to watch (Rhonda Birch?). The men were competitive with most of their NCC opponents.

What always shocked me was the difference between the men's game and the Women's. When the Men played, the players seemd to move TWICE as fast and the floor shrunk. The free space disappeared.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I have worked hard to stay out of this FBS discussion, but this little blurb on TSN is just to freaking funny to pass up.

As we all know, Willie Fritz took over at Geo Southern and KC Keeler took over for him at Sam Houston. During his press conference he slipped and said that SHSU may be looking to move up to FBS. Say what?

Now, we're talking about an instituition that is so damn poor they couldn't afford to keep their players on campus and have them practice for a full three weeks between the semis and the championship game because they didn't have the money to house and feed the players. So, the players went home, ate mom's cooking, and didn't stay in shape leaving them gasping for air at halftime.

Now they think they have the resources to go FBS? Yeah, right. You really can't make s#!t like this up.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...spx?id=4659659

Like I said in a different thread....SHSU to the FBS is just a bunch of hot air.

JMU is the next school moving up....only questions are is where will they go and what will Delaware do?

Since you mentioned JMU, here is an interesting article about them preparing for a move to FBS...note the $62.5 millon dollar upgrade to stadium. Has NDSU done any real feasability studies like this?...

http://www.championshipsubdivisionne...ootball?blog=2
    This Post is copyrighted by Bisonville for the private use of our audience. Any other use of this Post, or of any pictures, descriptions, or accounts of the Post without Bisonville's express written consent, is prohibited.

Gasman the is millions around here yo just gotta ask fo it aka fundraiser like pimps not d2