Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

Default Re: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I never said they were population figures(they are ID #s), I also posted a link to where that came from and I have never once stated that I support the status quo. I believe I said I am on the fence multiple times.
    If you arent in there camp youre supposedly D2. Get used to it.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    Where are you getting your stats from? You are only off by 210,000 people on your population of Laramie. LOL. But since you support the status quo, nobody questions your "research."
    Give it up Sam...........

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    If you arent in there camp youre supposedly D2. Get used to it.
    This is what makes the whole conversation stupid. Why is there an us vs them, or even us or them, and/or them or us. Even those who are happy where we are at are mostly saying they just think moving to a lower tier FBS conference is a lateral move requiring exponentially more resources. That is not a dumb argument. If we were to get an invite to a AQ BCS conference, then we better take a look at it very seriously, but that isn't very realistic. Maybe we have outgrown where we are at, but it is a tremendous leap to the next level and requires a lot of steps. But don't lay out the steps because reality will get ignored or simply get in the way of a great wet dream.

I am not saying it can't be or won't be done, but creating a us vs. them culture within our own fanbase is downright idiotic. I think the powers that be are very aware of the situation our school is in and if a move is required to either stay competitive on a local or national level, there is a plan in place. I would agree with those who want to know the plan as that is frustrating being kept in the dark until such plan gets unveiled with no clue what events will trigger the unveiling. I also do think the NCAA football landscape will change drastically in the next few years and don't want to be one of the schools forced into a decision because the proper preparation wasn't conducted.

But back to the original thought, you are exactly right. There is an us vs. them mentality that promotes two entirely different camps with two entirely different missions. These camps should meld together with a common goal. Build what we have and be ready for change if and when it happens. I think these two missions can be done simultaneously. I think the fanbase needs to be informed about the plans to move up when the time is right. Right now, people are being divided through speculation and misguided side missions. We have some people actually lobbying, on their own, for a conference invite. While they are doing a good job at making our entire fanbase look like idiots, if they were to actually be successful, NDSU would be caught with its pants down.

I would like GT to come out and outline what would be reasonable expectations for NDSU activity should some of those opportunities present themselves. If through some of the scenarios presented, there is a common mission to both help us build and simultaneously prepare, then that alone will provide direction. Maybe there is a common goal of needing a new stadium either way by the year 2020. So Task Force 2020 rolls out with a targeted goal in mind to make that happen. Rather than speculating on what the future holds, make a commitment to a future that would overlap multiple scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    This is what makes the whole conversation stupid. Why is there an us vs them, or even us or them, and/or them or us. Even those who are happy where we are at are mostly saying they just think moving to a lower tier FBS conference is a lateral move requiring exponentially more resources. That is not a dumb argument. If we were to get an invite to a AQ BCS conference, then we better take a look at it very seriously, but that isn't very realistic. Maybe we have outgrown where we are at, but it is a tremendous leap to the next level and requires a lot of steps. But don't lay out the steps because reality will get ignored or simply get in the way of a great wet dream.

I am not saying it can't be or won't be done, but creating a us vs. them culture within our own fanbase is downright idiotic. I think the powers that be are very aware of the situation our school is in and if a move is required to either stay competitive on a local or national level, there is a plan in place. I would agree with those who want to know the plan as that is frustrating being kept in the dark until such plan gets unveiled with no clue what events will trigger the unveiling. I also do think the NCAA football landscape will change drastically in the next few years and don't want to be one of the schools forced into a decision because the proper preparation wasn't conducted.

But back to the original thought, you are exactly right. There is an us vs. them mentality that promotes two entirely different camps with two entirely different missions. These camps should meld together with a common goal. Build what we have and be ready for change if and when it happens. I think these two missions can be done simultaneously. I think the fanbase needs to be informed about the plans to move up when the time is right. Right now, people are being divided through speculation and misguided side missions. We have some people actually lobbying, on their own, for a conference invite. While they are doing a good job at making our entire fanbase look like idiots, if they were to actually be successful, NDSU would be caught with its pants down.

I would like GT to come out and outline what would be reasonable expectations for NDSU activity should some of those opportunities present themselves. If through some of the scenarios presented, there is a common mission to both help us build and simultaneously prepare, then that alone will provide direction. Maybe there is a common goal of needing a new stadium either way by the year 2020. So Task Force 2020 rolls out with a targeted goal in mind to make that happen. Rather than speculating on what the future holds, make a commitment to a future that would overlap multiple scenarios.
    Here is my take.... Success on the field is not an indicator on ability to move up. $$$$ is the indicator if we should move up. In Division 2 we were by far the largest athletic department on the block. We had resources well above those of our peers. that is why they cut scholarships to make the funding more even for everyone. To make the decision after three phenominal years also doesn't make sense, a better indicator of readiness is if we have a could of "average" years. Does the fan base still stay engaged or do the fair weather fans disappear and interest (and $$$'s) lag a bit? Because if we move up, there are going to be some average years and probably some downright fugly ones.

That would be awesome. Then everyone here could just put down their weapons and focus on one step at a time haha

I am firmly in the camp of maintaining the status quo of us vs. them and we vs. they. I have very unclearly and ambiguously laid out my goals of NDSU immediately moving up to FBS when the time is right. Which may be now, or in the near or distant future. To think otherwise is just shortsighted and progressive.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    I am firmly in the camp of maintaining the status quo of us vs. them and we vs. they. I have very unclearly and ambiguously laid out my goals of NDSU immediately moving up to FBS when the time is right. Which may be now, or in the near or distant future. To think otherwise is just shortsighted and progressive.
    Spoken like a true liberipubecan.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Thank you. I am glad you didn't hold back.

Ahhh that all well and good if you are dealing with the average individual. But in this case you just dont know who you are dealing with.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    Give it up Sam...........
    Three words..................Ban Hammer.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA