Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

Default Re: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    It also doesn't hurt UCF that they are in Orlando instead of Fargo. I love Fargo, but the past tells us that NDSU may not have FBS conferences lining up to issue an invitation. Geography is a real issue and one that we cannot control.

Yabut, oil money + student fees ( still have $120/semester to be below UN_)* increasing enrollment to 75k + lakes joining Team Makers = MAC Attack!

Tuesday night football FTW!

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    Chea.....

1979-1981 NCAA Division III
    1982-1989 NCAA Division II
    1990-1995 NCAA Division I-AA
    1996-20XX NCAA Division I-A

Prolly helps that their enrollment is over 60k now as well (11k in 1978 and 18k in 1989 when they moved to I-AA).
    How much of that is online, there is a huge difference in those kinds of students beyond the obvious.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    Yabut, oil money + student fees ( still have $120/semester to be below UN_)* increasing enrollment to 75k + lakes joining Team Makers = MAC Attack!

Tuesday night football FTW!

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    absolutely. everybody hated the thought of a friday night tailgate. turned out to be the best one to this date.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    absolutely. everybody hated the thought of a friday night tailgate. turned out to be the best one to this date.
    It was a good tailgate, but keep in mind, Friday night is different because a majority of the people don't have to go to work the next day and a later night is not a problem. Now play games in the middle of the week and the numbers will drop due to travel distance and work problems the next day. Not all people will have this problem but the number would be noticeable to some degree.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

I couldn't agree with you more.

Fans that are advocating for a move to FBS are not thinking logically right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I figured I wouldn't change the pro FBS crowd but it would be one of the dumbest things that we could do.

There are some real fucking tools on both sides of this argument!
    THE MARCH IS ON!!

FIRETRUCKS? WE DON"T NEED NO STINKING FIRETRUCKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by OCBison View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more.

Fans that are advocating for a move to FBS are not thinking logically right now.
    The problem with the FBS crowd is they refuse to accept the reality of the situation. Can't see the forest for the trees and its a little annoying. The only plan they can come up,with is 'get more money' like it grows on trees. If sometime in the future Gene, and others decide that jump is necessary ill trust them, but the constant dissatisfaction with the Bison now makes the FBS crowd look bad.

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Montana Bison View Post
    There are some real fucking tools on both sides of this argument!
    This whole argument is getting annoying as hell. Can't we savor a freaking three-pete for a week before this crap!
    The fella that watches the CFL

Quote Originally Posted by AjaxTheMighty View Post
    The problem with the FBS crowd is they refuse to accept the reality of the situation. Can't see the forest for the trees and its a little annoying. The only plan they can come up,with is 'get more money' like it grows on trees. If sometime in the future Gene, and others decide that jump is necessary ill trust them, but the constant dissatisfaction with the Bison now makes the FBS crowd look bad.
    It's true, we should just see if the NSIC still has a home for us. Why look forward when we can look in our rear view mirror?!
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    It's true, we should just see if the NSIC still has a home for us. Why look forward when we can look in our rear view mirror?!
    That argument is mind bogglingly stupid. FCS is a perfectly good situation for NDSU. They can be with peer institutions instead of competing with 50k schools with 100 million budgets.

I don't even have a word for how absurd the DII comments are.