Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    What kind of bugs me about Lakes/Strongman/DragonsFan* etc is that they insult people who would listen to and execute an actual plan.

There are three monumental obstacles to a successful FBS move.

1. A conference invitation.
    2. Coming up with an extra $16 million per year.
    3. The shakeup in the BCS means that you could be committing to something that might no exist in a year. Remember the WAC Attack?

To address Problem 1, the LakesBison Plan is to insult everybody who brings it up. Maybe he wants another "pump-it-up" email campaign of direct marketing to MWC Presidents and Athletic Directors? Which begs the question: Are you f**king high?
    To address Problem 2, the LakesBison Plan is to insult the intelligence of everybody who brings it up. "Blah, blah, blah, profit" is not a plan, btw.
    To address Problem 3, the LakesBison Plan is to pretend it isn't a problem, which might be true. It might be an opportunity.

So you have no plan to get there, you can't make a business case as to why we'd want to get there, and all you do is insult people who have helped pay to make NDSU football what it is now (you know, the ones who actually donate to NDSU and view it as something more than a party venue.)

* And, yeah, I'm aware that Lakesbison=dragonfan=strongman.
    I think if there was a strong push to move up we could get a conference invite. It wouldn't be a very good conference more than likely but I think we would find one.

The part where I'm torn is that I love the playoff deciding a real champion but the team we played against in the national championship game brought no more than 2,000 fans! Couple that with the chance this year and the reality last year of people missing the start of the national championship for a meaningless midseason basketball game going late.

Boise State realistically would be ceiling for moving up. I don't know about the rest of you but if we were bowl eligible year in and year out I don't see 18,000 fans going to the Beef O' Brady's bowl.

The best thing for college football in my eyes is for the big 5 to break away and to come up with a truly tiered system where each tier has a playoff. Current FCS teams like NDSU, Montana, YSU, etc. could join back up with teams like GSU, App. St., Wyoming, etc. in the top level below the big 5. FCS bottom feeders like UN_ could be in the next level down.

Or in a dream world college football could go to the European soccer style relegation.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Or in a dream world college football could go to the European soccer store relegation.
    Add me to this dream world!
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

NDSU needs to increase ticket prices by 20%; need to start their own cable network to televise sporting events and Teammakers needs to do a better job and raise 20% more. Teammakers is underachieving especially in Western North Dakota. The aforementioned would clearly be enough to join a football only conference and compete for a conference title immediately. And don't tell me they are not underachieving with the BILLIONS OF OIL MONEY IN THE STATE.

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    NDSU needs to increase ticket prices by 20%; need to start their own cable network to televise sporting events and Teammakers needs to do a better job and raise 20% more. Teammakers is underachieving especially in Western North Dakota. The aforementioned would clearly be enough to join a football only conference and compete for a conference title immediately.
    Great plan by the way. Get more money! I'm going to employ that one at home. I'll be a millionaire a week from Tuesday!! Then, I'll 'do a better job' and get more money, and move on to billionaire! And to think, to be a millionaire/billionaire all I needed to do all along was 'do a better job'....and get more money!

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Nope didnt know they had built the Fargodome until many years later. Again no as I didnt know they had moved to D1 until I reconnected about 8 years ago.

But nice try at deflection. Come up with solid concrete facts on funding instead of theoretical pie in the sky bullshit.
    What are the current student fees per semester and what would be generated if they were doubled?
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Really? How much have you gave?
    Check your private messages.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    What are the current student fees per semester and what would be generated if they were doubled?
    A major uprising and a mutiny.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post

Thought they in the neighborhood of $100/yr that goes towards athletics.

UN_ raised their student fees to generate over $1 million a year for the move to DI.

If NDSU students would vote for a $1,500/yr increase in student fees it would be MAC Attack time!

@LakesDragonStrongbad- go check out western ND. Lots of Wyoming/Longhorns/Okie stuff in the oilfields, not so much NDSU.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    A major uprising and a mutiny.
    And a boatload of negative press and bad feelings on the political front. Deserved or otherwise.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    NDSU needs to increase ticket prices by 20%; need to start their own cable network to televise sporting events and Teammakers needs to do a better job and raise 20% more. Teammakers is underachieving especially in Western North Dakota. The aforementioned would clearly be enough to join a football only conference and compete for a conference title immediately. And don't tell me they are not underachieving with the BILLIONS OF OIL MONEY IN THE STATE.