Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

Default Re: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    Where is all the money coming from? It is not about beating MAC teams.......it is about the money. Al Carlson would have a friggin boner out for NDSU if we were to start that right now.
    I don't care what Carlson thinks.

If NDSU moves to the FBS...you can add $1.5 million automatically...that is the cut the lower FBS schools get from the playoffs. Money games would increase in value as well. These leagues also get some TV money.

There is a gap that we would have make up though. I won't deny that. How big that gap is, I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    We would be ahead of Troy as of now..but a move requires at minimum $5 million addition to our budget. Which would put us close to the top.

Oh, well. If that's all we need. 5 million a year every year. And we're near the top. Let's just do it tomorrow then.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Al Carlson can't do anything if the money is raised privately...However, I agree and ask, "Who's going to write the check to make the move?"
    Moreover, who's going to write the check every single year after that?
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brandฎ self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post

Oh, well. If that's all we need. 5 million a year every year. And we're near the top. Let's just do it tomorrow then.
    I never said it would be easy.

5 Million a year to be near the middle. Of the SUN BELT. Right now the budget is near 15-17 million. That would be squarely in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    5 Million a year to be near the middle. Of the SUN BELT. Right now the budget is near 15-17 million. That would be squarely in the middle.
    Our budget right now is 16.8 million.

NIU competes very well with $23 million budget in the MAC.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Al Carlson can't do anything if the money is raised privately...However, I agree and ask, "Who's going to write the check to make the move?"
    Never underestimate the power of Al Carlson to do something colossally stupid.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Never underestimate the power of Al Carlson to do something colossally stupid.
    Good point!
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    2012 Budgets for Sun Belt Football Schools:
    $28,559,494 – New Mexico State*
    $26,886,756 – Texas State
    $25,770,262 – Western Kentucky
    $24,540,533 – Georgia State
    $19,060,589 – South Alabama
    $18,644,606 – Appalachian State*
    $18,584,216 – Idaho*
    $17,440,897 – Louisiana-Lafayette
    $16,504,664 – Troy
    $15,307,308 – Arkansas State
    $11,335,102 – Georgia Southern*
    $11,323,485 – Louisiana-Monroe

NDSU's budget would be near the bottom of that list.

and that's the Sun Belt which sucks mightily.
    The 2012 budget was 16.8 million so we could easily be in the middle of the pack. The size of the budget doesn't tell the complete story either. It depends how you allocate your dollars too. For us football is king obviously

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Our budget right now is 16.8 million.

NIU competes very well with $23 million budget in the MAC.
    That's a difference of $6.2 million dollars. Every year, to compete in the same division with schools spending $100 million dollars.