Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

Default Re: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsfan View Post
    A suburb of dallas is the highlight of your social lives? Yes its been fun, but been there done that 3 times. This shouldnt be the ceiling of ndsu football your own coach bohl said this as so. Who owns the lands where oil comes from? Farmers who maybe went to ndsu? Maybe some are waiting for fbs to donate? Good chat im off my shift merry xmas!
    Don't come then and stop trolling Towson's board.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    As far as the "20k to a bowl game and a week of festivities" argument, I'm not taking time off work and spending money to go watch NDSU play in the Papa John's bowl. Frisco is a different story.

I also agree that it's easy for people to talk about moving up and creating some sort of slanted argument when they aren't even a part of Teammakers.
    I think also that these move up now immediately get the state of ND to pay for it backers point that is missing is that yeah the first 2-3 bowl games would be interesting. But after 10-15 years of playing in crap bowls which mean nothing are we still going to travel well to see them play in that bowl? I know I wouldn't, I would sit at home and watch it and if they made it to a "bigger" bowl then perhaps I'd go.

That's why so many MN fans don't go they don't care about beef o grady type bowls, because they can get in them without hardly even trying. Eventually that would just be the norm for NDSU and it would be meaningless to the fans because we're winning a game that gives us what? Twentieth to 25th place in FBS/BCS?

Not me sorry o just a msum/fergus kid adam scheuller fan check my ip bye

A suburb of dallas is the highlight of your social lives? Yes its been fun, but been there done that 3 times. This shouldnt be the ceiling of ndsu football your own coach bohl said this as so. Who owns the lands where oil comes from? Farmers who maybe went to ndsu? Maybe some are waiting for fbs to donate? Tickets can be $40/50 a ticket easily plus premium $100/tickets Good chat im off my shift merry xmas!
    dragon...the trip to Frisco last year is one of the best things I've experienced in many years. It's not the highlight of my social life...but it was truly unbelievable to be there. Got anything at Moorhead State that comes within one percent of that experience athletically? If so...let me know. It's not about Frisco...it's being there with so many Bison fans.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

A suburb of dallas is the highlight of your social lives? Yes its been fun, but been there done that 3 times. This shouldnt be the ceiling of ndsu football your own coach bohl said this as so. Who owns the lands where oil comes from? Farmers who maybe went to ndsu? Maybe some are waiting for fbs to donate? Tickets can be $40/50 a ticket easily plus premium $100/tickets Good chat im off my shift merry xmas!
    F--- the suburb of Dallas. I have better happenings right here in Denver. I will gladly take time out to watch NDSU win a Champiomnship against another quality team that also marches through 3 tough playoff games. The quality of the FCS National Championship is better than most of those lower level bowl games, JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    I think also that these move up now immediately get the state of ND to pay for it backers point that is missing is that yeah the first 2-3 bowl games would be interesting. But after 10-15 years of playing in crap bowls which mean nothing are we still going to travel well to see them play in that bowl? I know I wouldn't, I would sit at home and watch it and if they made it to a "bigger" bowl then perhaps I'd go.

That's why so many MN fans don't go they don't care about beef o grady type bowls, because they can get in them without hardly even trying. Eventually that would just be the norm for NDSU and it would be meaningless to the fans because we're winning a game that gives us what? Twentieth to 25th place in FBS/BCS?
    Agreed - for myself, and I understand others are different, I want to watch the excitement of a National Championship.

I ain't wasting my time watching Michigan St vs Stanford in the Rose Bowl to see who finishes in 3rd place.

Not me sorry o just a msum/fergus kid adam scheuller fan check my ip bye
    Then you need to worry about YOUR school dropping football altogether. If you're from MN, stop trying to spend ND's money.

dragons fan see's it clearly. If this is the ceiling of NDSU's potential...we're all wasting money. Theres greener pastures on the other side of the wall but some of you fail to see that.

the draw of FBS teams coming to Fargo(bcs or not) far outweigh any potential FCS has. Could you imagine a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 when it came to scheduling teams and having a Big12 school come here? That would be awesome.

But i guess that some of you are fine with New Hampshire, Coastal Carolina & Delaware St.

i mean Ferris St just played a freaking home game here, how low is that? NDSU deserves way better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    dragons fan see's it clearly. If this is the ceiling of NDSU's potential...we're all wasting money. Theres greener pastures on the other side of the wall but some of you fail to see that.

the draw of FBS teams coming to Fargo(bcs or not) far outweigh any potential FCS has. Could you imagine a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 when it came to scheduling teams and having a Big12 school come here? That would be awesome.

But i guess that some of you are fine with New Hampshire, Coastal Carolina & Delaware St.

i mean Ferris St just played a freaking home game here, how low is that? NDSU deserves way better than this.
    There's a ceiling to the bowl system, only it costs a lot more to be in the bottom of that division.

If we got an invitation to a good FBS conference with 3 or 4 big-name schools...it's a no-brainer...IMO. Until that time comes, I'm just enjoying the hell out of what we have now.

I'm weary of the discussion.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.