Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

Default Re: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    And if ndsu plays in a bowl that nobody gives a shit about they are going to be in the same situation...if you honestly think that what NIU and Boise did is typical, you're dreaming. If it was so easy for a non bcs team to make it to a bcs game, every one would be doing it. Have you seen the recognition ndsu has received throughout this season? Where is GSU and App St? No one gives a rats ass about their transition bc it's to a dog shit conference...

After all the requirements for new/renovated facilities in the last couple years you really expect a "fundraiser" to pick up the 10 mil needed to even think of making that transition? NDSU is the king of the castle right now, your desire for big and better things is a bunch of smoke and mirrors bc I guarantee the mwc or the Mac are not going to equal more attention or recognition...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No shit sherlock Gsu and ap state are in transition so 1 year of nothing 2013, 1 year of conference play only and revenue sharing 2014 then bowl eligible in 2015.
    Of course they will get more national recognition, this was ndsu's year or so being the media darling, frisco will get boring after awhile, winning playoff games 52-7 & 48-14 has become boring, the competition just isn't here in FCS and NDSU gets 18,700 fans, otheR FCS playoff games got 4000 in eiu 6000 in ewu, seriously high school teams get that.

The fans need to quit with this 9 man mentality and step up your game, drive around Fargo look at the money it's all around Fargo will be 200,000 by 2020.

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsfan View Post
    Trophy chasing like Edina is what some of you want. Some of you live in a north dakota bubble, not 1 fan in ny la vegas florida cares about FCS you could win 8 titles in a row and they'd still pat you on the head and say "good job d2" this is a chance for Fargo to grow and the state of north Dakota to grow. The money is here you need a fundraiser that has youth and energy and actually asks for more money not be happy with status quo.
    You're right, there absolutely is money in the state - the problem is getting it from those who have it into the hands of the right people in Fargo. The most money not already tapped into by NDSU is in two places
    1 - Bismarck. Good luck getting this money out of the legislature. They already think they are spending too much money in Higher Ed. If they are going to loosen up the purse strings, they will spend the money on developing the western half of the state to catch up with demand and encourage long term growth. The current group is not interested in building stadiums or even updating existing campus buildings. If you want to lobby people on the move to FBS, this is the group you should be lobbying to.
    2 - Oil Rights recipients. Most of these people have no connection to NDSU and probably wouldn't know what FBS or Crimson Tide/Longhorns/etc. means. Convincing these people to donate to NDSU is like them receiving a letter from a prince in Nigeria who wants to share the fortune he just inherited but it will cost $20k to get the money through customs. You may be able to get a few, but it wouldn't bring any longterm results.

Go ahead, call me a sheltered small-thinker who enjoys a playoff system that makes their champ earn it instead of a system that lets half their teams get a "participation" trophy. The last thing I want to hear is "the season is a success because we qualified for a bowl game". The tradition at NDSU is to always want to be a champion and settling for a bowl game appearance (unless you are dillusional enough to think the big boys will let others into their playoff) is very anti-climatic.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No shit sherlock Gsu and ap state are in transition so 1 year of nothing 2013, 1 year of conference play only and revenue sharing 2014 then bowl eligible in 2015.
    Of course they will get more national recognition, this was ndsu's year or so being the media darling, frisco will get boring after awhile, winning playoff games 52-7 & 48-14 has become boring, the competition just isn't here in FCS and NDSU gets 18,700 fans, otheR FCS playoff games got 4000 in eiu 6000 in ewu, seriously high school teams get that.

The fans need to quit with this 9 man mentality and step up your game, drive around Fargo look at the money it's all around Fargo will be 200,000 by 2020.
    Are you saying that because one year the playoff competition was down you anticipate blowouts for the rest of NDSU's time in the FCS? That is completely fucking absurd.

Come find me in 2015 when Appy and GSU are bowl eligible...let me know how thats going because I dont care about the Sunbelt and I dont care about whatever ridiculous bowl they almost made it to until they lost 7 games in a conference made up of jokers.

On the other hand I will watch NDSU dominate schools that have beaten UCONN, ISU, WSU, etc...teams from major conferences that are relevant...
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Very few fans in NY, Cali., Texas, Florida, etc. cares about the Mountain West or MAC so what's the difference as far as national exposure?

From fan's perspective, I like having the chance to play 4 playoff games over one bowl game.

I still think we'll end up with 3 subdivisions with the power conferences, leftovers from the FBS and fully funded FCS teams in the 2nd level, with a 3rd level for teams that don't carry at least 50 scholarships.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Is lakes even trying anymore?

The money is here you need a fundraiser that has youth and energy and actually asks for more money not be happy with status quo.
    Have at it Lakes...er I mean dragonsfan. And for the most part I agree with you but since it took us an insane amount of time to raise enough money to replace the horribly inadequate BSA, I'm not hopeful for us to suddenly come up with the extra 10 million a year for our program to be competitive. And that doesn't even begin to solve the problem of the FFD capacity or the fact that we are in the middle of nowhere geographically with no conference affiliation.

The crowd for the Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl between East Carolina and Ohio was pathetic last night.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Who the hell is East Carolina? Are they FBS? They must be big time.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Who the hell is East Carolina? Are they FBS? They must be big time.
    They are big media darlings since they are in the FBS. Just watch College Gameday more. You'll see them on there...
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

The box score for Beef 'o' Brady lists 20,053, just behind the Potato bowl in Boise at 21,951.
    It's OK to not be OK.