Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

Default Re: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    I disagree with that sentiment. Most progressive fans would rather be the #12 or #18 best team in the country than the national champion of small time college football. Under your rationale, the SEC and eight
    select other teams should form their own league because nobody else can win a national championship.
    I disagree with your rational and back handed comments toward Bison fans.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Strongman is right, if you are a part of a conference you get millions to offset poor bowl attendances but isn't the culture of Ndsu fandom different than ucf north texas etc. ndsu is a different animal lets say ndsu lobby's mountain west and joins and goes to a bowl game in 3 years, I'm pretty sure they'd take 20,000 fans to Florida, Vegas, california for said game. Then you'd have a whole week of pep festa, instead of a fri/sat only, it'd be a weeklong celebration and on ESPN not espn2 you'd get nevada Boise st Wyoming Hawaii in the fargodome instead of Indiana state. Scheels makes $10million/year profit off ndsu have you been there the last month it's insane

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsfan View Post
    Strongman is right, if you are a part of a conference you get millions to offset poor bowl attendances but isn't the culture of fandom different than ucf north texas etc. ndsu is a different animal lets say ndsu lobby's mountain west and joins and goes to a bowl game in 3 years, I'm pretty sure they'd take 20,000 fans to Florida, Vegas, california for said game. Then you'd have a whole week of pep festa, instead of a fri/sat only, it'd be a weeklong celebration and on ESPN not espn2
    Its not a week long celebration. Ive been to the orange bowl it aint what people think it is. Regardless, if you get millions to offset poor attendance almost ALL schools LOSE money when they go to a bowl game. But you can pound your pud to make yourself feel better about your fandom when you tell others that we went to a bowl game. Yeah which one out of the 35 bowls? which means 70 teams out of 119 go to a bowl game. Yeah makes you proud to make that field doesnt it.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Strongman is right, if you are a part of a conference you get millions to offset poor bowl attendances but isn't the culture of Ndsu fandom different than ucf north texas etc. ndsu is a different animal lets say ndsu lobby's mountain west and joins and goes to a bowl game in 3 years, I'm pretty sure they'd take 20,000 fans to Florida, Vegas, california for said game. Then you'd have a whole week of pep festa, instead of a fri/sat only, it'd be a weeklong celebration and on ESPN not espn2 you'd get nevada Boise st Wyoming Hawaii in the fargodome instead of Indiana state. Scheels makes $10million/year profit off ndsu have you been there the last month it's insane
    Would there really be 20k at a game that doesnt hold that much weight? Like congrats you win the "The NCAA loves money and will take any sponsor willing to shell out dough" bowl...
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Because NDSU and its supporters don't view being a top 20 team a success. The only way to prove you're the best is to win a national championship and that won't happen at the next level, mainly because we can't even afford to get in the next level let alone pay to be at the top of that level.
    Do I hear the NAIA calling?...think of how much money we could save on scholarships if we moved down...and we'd be a lock on the national title every year...

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    Do I hear the NAIA calling?...think of how much money we could save on scholarships if we moved down...and we'd be a lock on the national title every year...
    Tell me any time in the history of NDSU has being a "top 20 team" been considered a success. You won't, no matter what level we were at.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Trophy chasing like Edina is what some of you want. Some of you live in a north dakota bubble, not 1 fan in ny la vegas florida cares about FCS you could win 8 titles in a row and they'd still pat you on the head and say "good job d2" this is a chance for Fargo to grow and the state of north Dakota to grow. The money is here you need a fundraiser that has youth and energy and actually asks for more money not be happy with status quo.

Dragon nailed it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    I disagree with that sentiment. Most progressive fans would rather be the #12 or #18 best team in the country than the national champion of small time college football. Under your rationale, the SEC and eight
    select other teams should form their own league because nobody else can win a national championship.
    I'm confused....isn't that exactly what they are trying to do?

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Trophy chasing like Edina is what some of you want. Some of you live in a north dakota bubble, not 1 fan in ny la vegas florida cares about FCS you could win 8 titles in a row and they'd still pat you on the head and say "good job d2" this is a chance for Fargo to grow and the state of north Dakota to grow. The money is here you need a fundraiser that has youth and energy and actually asks for more money not be happy with status quo.
    And if ndsu plays in a bowl that nobody gives a shit about they are going to be in the same situation...if you honestly think that what NIU and Boise did is typical, you're dreaming. If it was so easy for a non bcs team to make it to a bcs game, every one would be doing it. Have you seen the recognition ndsu has received throughout this season? Where is GSU and App St? No one gives a rats ass about their transition bc it's to a dog shit conference...

After all the requirements for new/renovated facilities in the last couple years you really expect a "fundraiser" to pick up the 10 mil needed to even think of making that transition? NDSU is the king of the castle right now, your desire for big and better things is a bunch of smoke and mirrors bc I guarantee the mwc or the Mac are not going to equal more attention or recognition...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.