Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 585

Thread: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    12,665
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default FBS move fans. Here's a good read

    Reposted from AGS

    http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...eNP/story.html

    The report triggered a new round of complaints that UMass leaders invested scarce public dollars that could have been better spent when they elevated the football team in 2012 to the NCAA’s top Football Bowl Subdivision.

    “What becomes clearer each year is that this is a huge financial disaster for the university,’’ said Max Page, a co-chairman of the school’s Ad Hoc Committee on FBS Football, which prepared the report.
    heard lakes on Bison Rewind last night complaining about how there's no competition in FCS.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Moorhead
    Posts
    19,993

    Default Re: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

    Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Reposted from AGS

    http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...eNP/story.html



    heard lakes on Bison Rewind last night complaining about how there's no competition in FCS.
    wait...there is competition?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    25,394
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

    Umass is an absolute disaster but I knew they would be disaster from day one.

    Horrible...horrible decision to play your home games two hours away from campus. They needed to get their facility issues straightened out before jumping.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    1,180

    Default Re: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

    Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post

    heard lakes on Bison Rewind last night complaining about how there's no competition in FCS.
    Average attendence of 3 other playoff games last week was less than 4,000. He might be on to something.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Moorhead
    Posts
    19,993

    Default Re: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

    Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Average attendence of 3 other playoff games last week was less than 4,000. He might be on to something.
    he is. Lakes is one of the better ambassadors for NDSU that isnt employed by the actual college. He sees things clearly more than a lot of people and can project moves before any of us. a move to FBS would only be beneficial for NDSU. GT has to be making phone calls. FCS is just embarrassing when you look at the interest in other schools. NDSU needs to sell high

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SC ND
    Posts
    3,649

    Default Re: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

    Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    he is. Lakes is one of the better ambassadors for NDSU that isnt employed by the actual college. He sees things clearly more than a lot of people and can project moves before any of us. a move to FBS would only be beneficial for NDSU. GT has to be making phone calls. FCS is just embarrassing when you look at the interest in other schools. NDSU needs to sell high
    This for sure. It has become quite clear that this team is playing in the wrong division.

    NDSU deserves better than FCS.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    12,665
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

    I figured I wouldn't change the pro FBS crowd but it would be one of the dumbest things that we could do.

    Wanna play in the Mountain West? Trade UNI and SDSU for CSU, AF, and Wyoming.

    Hope roadwarrior has a LOT of air miles.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,500
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

    UMASS is a terrible comparison to NDSU. What do you think morale would be like around here if we were using the metrodome for our home games? Plus, they are firmly a basketball school in a state that is into pro sports, not college.

  9. #9

    Default Re: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

    Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    he is. Lakes is one of the better ambassadors for NDSU that isnt employed by the actual college. He sees things clearly more than a lot of people and can project moves before any of us. a move to FBS would only be beneficial for NDSU. GT has to be making phone calls. FCS is just embarrassing when you look at the interest in other schools. NDSU needs to sell high
    I agree in some aspects, but the thought of the financial issue of moving up is scary. NDSU just doesn't have funds for that. Those funds can't be made up in attendance or teammakers either. It has to come from some other source.

    IMO at the rate NDSU is succeeding in football, NDSU might just get to be too big for it. Hell, they had to alter their NC events because of the number of our fanbase down there.

  10. #10

    Default Re: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

    Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I figured I wouldn't change the pro FBS crowd but it would be one of the dumbest things that we could do.

    Wanna play in the Mountain West? Trade UNI and SDSU for CSU, AF, and Wyoming.

    Hope roadwarrior has a LOT of air miles.
    Will you be happy competing in a 3rd level of football in the playoffs every year with teams like Pitt State, UND, St Cloud, and some of the lower level upper competitive FCS teams like New Hampshire? Because that's where this is all moving towards.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •