Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667

Thread: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

Default Re: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    They won't do it at 16 either, they would go with 8+8 most likely.
    That would increase the odds for MAC, but not CUSA teams.
    At 8 autos, they would need to beat out at least one of MWC, AAC, and SBC champs.
    A 12-1 MAC champ might do that, a 9-4 one wouldn't.

The top conferences won't accept any more autobids without also expanding the at-large bids for themselves.
    It's not even clear they would go to 8+8, it might stay at 6 conf champs, and just add more at-large.
    The P5 conferences have all the power and leverage here, and can just walk away.

We simply are not going to see a world where all 10 FBS conferences get autobids in the next 10 years.
    Idk. The bigger it gets the harder time they have justifying keeping out smaller conferences. At some point they'd probably risk Congress getting involved. "You keep making this bigger without expanding access."

I dont think it will get bigger than 12 anytime soon anyway. There will be seasons where a couple teams sneak in probably.
    College of Business Alumnus

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Idk. The bigger it gets the harder time they have justifying keeping out smaller conferences. At some point they'd probably risk Congress getting involved. "You keep making this bigger without expanding access."

I dont think it will get bigger than 12 anytime soon anyway. There will be seasons where a couple teams sneak in probably.
    Go take a look at who congress met with recently on topics like NIL.
    Believe it was Sankey and Bowlsby (SEC/B12). Big money gets the voice in congress.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Go take a look at who congress met with recently on topics like NIL.
    Believe it was Sankey and Bowlsby (SEC/B12). Big money gets the voice in congress.
    But bowlsby is one of our guys right? Went to msum or something?

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    I'd go even further and say that no matter how big the playoff field will be, all the Power conferences get an autobid, top G5(or whatever number it becomes) gets one, and all the rest are at large and almost certainly all from Power conferences. There is no requirement to have as many at large as autobid, despite what some people claim.
    I don't think its an NCAA sponsored playoffs. I suspect they can do whatever they want.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    I'd go even further and say that no matter how big the playoff field will be, all the Power conferences get an autobid, top G5(or whatever number it becomes) gets one, and all the rest are at large and almost certainly all from Power conferences. There is no requirement to have as many at large as autobid, despite what some people claim.
    This is entirely possible, and it wouldn't shock me.

If a future expansion to 16 occurs, the BEST case scenario is 8 conf champs and 8 at large.
    The power conferences will not accept an expansion that doesn't give them more at large slots.

I also don't expect that expansion to happen quickly. They will stay at 12 for at least 5-10 years.