Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

Default Re: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    problem with NDSU's success in football is this.

Everyone G5 Conference member & its fans don't want NDSU because of 1 thing.

NDSU would be a top 1-2 team in that conference on Day 1 and expose them.

Vet. I wouldn't do the SunBelt or SEC or Pac 10.
    Thats what everyone thought when we moved up to the MVFC. Just saying.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    True. Our 2008 and 2009 teams learned quickly about the need to retain your players. Attrition killed that team. Not only players, but position coaches.

They also learned the importance of developing depth at all positions, including quarterback. It was so bad, DJ McNorton played linebacker for a game. They also learned you need more than 1 good corner and the need for an elite LT. (Remember Jose Moehler getting sacked 12 times vs UNI)

Injuries and attrition, (much due to bad character) destroyed that team like no one I have ever seen.

I think years later, we have a good handle on it and would probably be in a better position to move up

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    True. Our 2008 and 2009 teams learned quickly about the need to retain your players. Attrition killed that team. Not only players, but position coaches.

They also learned the importance of developing depth at all positions, including quarterback. It was so bad, DJ McNorton played linebacker for a game. They also learned you need more than 1 good corner and the need for an elite LT. (Remember Jose Moehler getting sacked 12 times vs UNI)

Injuries and attrition, (much due to bad character) destroyed that team like no one I have ever seen.

I think years later, we have a good handle on it and would probably be in a better position to move up
    All true but the most important one is------

Coach Bohl also admitted that we needed to recruit a different type of player.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    problem with NDSU's success in football is this.

Everyone G5 Conference member & its fans don't want NDSU because of 1 thing.

NDSU would be a top 1-2 team in that conference on Day 1 and expose them.

Vet. I wouldn't do the SunBelt or SEC or Pac 10.
    That is also why Big Sky did not approve NDSU. Two Montana school on board but others did not want someone else beating them right away. Bring on the competition.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Yeah it never ended up working out for us in the MVC.

the 08, 09 years had alot more to do with us than the level of competition
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    the 08, 09 years had alot more to do with us than the level of competition
    Potato, patato. I don't think you can separate the two. We didn't have the right type of players for the level of competition. Bohl himself told the story about how after getting the snot beat out of us by UNI he got a close look at their linemen and turned to a coach and said, "We have to get ourselves some of those".
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

[QUOTE=Vet70;1355873]
    Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    the 08, 09 years had alot more to do with us than the level of competition[/QUOTE]

Potato, patato. I don't think you can separate the two. We didn't have the right type of players for the level of competition. Bohl himself told the story about how after getting the snot beat out of us by UNI he got a close look at their linemen and turned to a coach and said, "We have to get ourselves some of those".
    yeah thats true- I always wonder how the 06/07 teams would have done in the MVC in 08/09. We had a damn good team those years, would have been really fun to have seen how we stacked up not playing the great west schedule
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Can you provide a link? This would be ridiculous.
    Sun Belt success: Georgia Southern won the Raycom Media Camellia Bowl last year against some college called Eastern Michigan? Ever heard of the bowl game, or Eastern Michigan much for that matter? Yeah me neither. You couldn't get me to fly down and watch a worthless bowl game like that.

Quote Originally Posted by #1BISONFAN ASHLEY View Post
    Sun Belt success: Georgia Southern won the Raycom Media Camellia Bowl last year against some college called Eastern Michigan? Ever heard of the bowl game, or Eastern Michigan much for that matter? Yeah me neither. You couldn't get me to fly down and watch a worthless bowl game like that.
    You've never heard of the Camellia Bowl? Odd.

Also, when you get 3rd place in your division of the sun belt, you dont go to very good bowls.
    College of Business Alumnus

NDSU was only 2-0 in the Camellia Bowl (beating the Griz both times), including the game that would get them the votes to win the 1969 College Division National Championship.
    Hail the BISON!!!