Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

Default Re: FBS move fans. Here's a good read

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    its the flagship research university of a state with no other competition. It's enrollment is about the same as Witchita State, and larger than Tulane, Tulsa, SMU and Navy.

But hey, why even try, right?
    All those schools have significantly higher academic profiles than NDSU, especially Tulane, Navy, and SMU. Probably not the best barometers especially when we consider location.

NDSU is also bigger than several P5 schools.

That's not me saying not to shoot the shot, never hurts to have a goal. Just gonna be hard to achieve this one.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by #1BISONFAN ASHLEY View Post
    7-8 conference games per year. The closest team we have to the AAC conference is either Cincinnati, or Tulsa. Rest are Tennessee, Texas, Florida, Carolinas. Why the hell would we want to go into that conference? Travel expenses would be ridiculous. I also don't think you'd have as much fan support if away games were that far away.
    don't give me the fan away bullshit... it'd be 1000-1500 fans at away games , same as now.

Travel expenses would be offset by the CBB Big Dance Money & TV Money, easily.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    don't give me the fan away bullshit... it'd be 1000-1500 fans at away games , same as now.
    Travel expenses would be offset by the CBB Big Dance Money & TV Money, easily.
    Serious question---is there any FBS conference that you wouldn't want NDSU to join?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Serious question---is there any FBS conference that you wouldn't want NDSU to join?
    Better question..

Is there any FBS conference that even wants NDSU

Both your question and mine have the same answer and its NO
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by #1BISONFAN ASHLEY View Post
    7-8 conference games per year. The closest team we have to the AAC conference is either Cincinnati, or Tulsa. Rest are Tennessee, Texas, Florida, Carolinas. Why the hell would we want to go into that conference? Travel expenses would be ridiculous. I also don't think you'd have as much fan support if away games were that far away.
    AAC comes with a 7 mil per year payout.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    That wasnt the point. But lets go with the PSU thought.

So NDSU get a whiff because of football. Make your case to join the Big Ten or any one of the conferences that will fit our footprint. Why do they want NDSU????
    Way to move the goalposts into orbit.

We'd get to bring nationally ranked teams in football and basketball to Fargo. A state flagship that owns its media market in a way no other AAC school does.

I'm not saying that NDSU would be a shoe-in, infact I said the exact opposite. But its very much not outside the bounds of reality, as any replacement will be coming from Conference USA, the Sunbelt, or the MAC; schools and conferences that most around here look down on, and rightfully so.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    All those schools have significantly higher academic profiles than NDSU, especially Tulane, Navy, and SMU. Probably not the best barometers especially when we consider location.

NDSU is also bigger than several P5 schools.

That's not me saying not to shoot the shot, never hurts to have a goal. Just gonna be hard to achieve this one.
    Navy aside, private schools are extremely over rated in public perception, and the AAC doesn't double as a academic institution at the Big 10 does.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Better question..

Is there any FBS conference that even wants NDSU

Both your question and mine have the same answer and its NO
    the commisioner of the Sunbelt is on record that he would accept NDSU.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Can you provide a link? This would be ridiculous.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Can you provide a link? This would be ridiculous.
    That's a lot of southern speed.

Maybe reformed will come back with something documenting the Sun Belt Commissioner wanting NDSU but this is the only discussion on the topic that I could find--a thread on SS started by---SiouxVolley.

https://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/...the-sun-belch/
    Paul Fix

AAC comes with a 7 mil per year payout.

Way to move the goalposts into orbit.

We'd get to bring nationally ranked teams in football and basketball to Fargo. A state flagship that owns its media market in a way no other AAC school does.

I'm not saying that NDSU would be a shoe-in, infact I said the exact opposite. But its very much not outside the bounds of reality, as any replacement will be coming from Conference USA, the Sunbelt, or the MAC; schools and conferences that most around here look down on, and rightfully so.

Navy aside, private schools are extremely over rated in public perception, and the AAC doesn't double as a academic institution at the Big 10 does.

The question was---not how it would help NDSU because thats all obvious. WHY would any of the big conferences want NDSU???
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

problem with NDSU's success in football is this.

Everyone G5 Conference member & its fans don't want NDSU because of 1 thing.

NDSU would be a top 1-2 team in that conference on Day 1 and expose them.

Vet. I wouldn't do the SunBelt or SEC or Pac 10.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?