Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Opponent: New Hampshire Wildcats

Default Re: Next Opponent: New Hampshire Wildcats

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Are there very many similarities between the style of play of UNH and Towson?
    I watched both teams play this weekend. UNH is more creative with their plays while towson is just let west run behind his big o-line. Granted,
    I only watched one game and the conditions in charleston were not ideal, that is what I saw. I bet UNHFAN1 can probably shed some more light on it. So no not really.

good guys 31
    Bad guys 10

I am going to miss this game. Heading to Hawaii for ten days, leaving friday morning. Was hoping for a staurday game so I could watch it. Going to be over the ocean during game time. Scrambling to see if I can get wi-fi to watch online. Scream extra loud for me!

Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.-Joshua J. Marine

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EChn...LSRvPY9YMzxoBc

What you doing in here little kitty cat?

BFKasper14 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm going to go ahead and say

Bison 35
    UNH 10

Defense is just too strong and our offense is clicking on all cylinders. It will be interesting to see how their defense does.

5 finals this week...I need me some Bison Football and soon!
    One does not simply walk into the FARGODOME...

Four years ago Coach Bohl circled this year on the calendar. Said this senior class would be one to watch. What have they done since? An overtime quarterfinal loss to eventual champ Eastern Washington, and two national championships. Hopefully, we get a revenge opportunity with EW in Frisco this year. So, what is the coaching staff saying about next years recruiting class? It's one to watch.

I watched the UNH game last night, and thought at times I was watching high school football. While it's been refreshing to see some new teams, I'm also a fan of football and appreciate a good game. If the best of the FCS can't give us one, it's time to move up.

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Blair View Post

I watched the UNH game last night, and thought at times I was watching high school football. While it's been refreshing to see some new teams, I'm also a fan of football and appreciate a good game. If the best of the FCS can't give us one, it's time to move up.
    I call bullshit on this. I also watched the game and this is just smack. UNH has always had a team that plays solid football. The reality is that NDSU is spoiled at this point in time. NDSU isn't going to have 24 seniors on the team every year. To suggest that NDSU is going to be this strong every year is not realistic. UNI, YSU, SDSU, Montana, Montana St, E Washington, Wofford, New Hampshire, Delaware, Towson, JMU, SHSU, Central Arkansas, Maine, and S Illinois all have good programs that at any given year half of these programs will be poised for a playoff run. Let's get past New Hampshire and then (hopefully) the National Championship game before we start bragging too much.

Real Champions don't have to go on line to tell the cyberworld how great they are. They let everyone else do it.

Quote Originally Posted by onbison09 View Post
    Have we played Towson? I don't remember that.
    We played (and beat) Towson in a playoff game at Dacotah Field back in the 1983 .... 24-17 victory. I do remember it being colder than hell, windy, and we were the beneficiaries of an early whistle that negated our fumble on our final game-wining drive.

But of course, we're getting ahead of ourselves...
    Last edited by SomeBeach; 12-16-2013 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Correcting year and adding score

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter1 View Post
    I call bullshit on this. I also watched the game and this is just smack. UNH has always had a team that plays solid football. The reality is that NDSU is spoiled at this point in time. NDSU isn't going to have 24 seniors on the team every year. To suggest that NDSU is going to be this strong every year is not realistic. UNI, YSU, SDSU, Montana, Montana St, E Washington, Wofford, New Hampshire, Delaware, Towson, JMU, SHSU, Central Arkansas, Maine, and S Illinois all have good programs that at any given year half of these programs will be poised for a playoff run. Let's get past New Hampshire and then (hopefully) the National Championship game before we start bragging too much.

Real Champions don't have to go on line to tell the cyberworld how great they are. They let everyone else do it.
    the hell?

is this sorta like lets not look ahead at a potential future opponent as fans on a message board.....but focus on the present, like its going to have any effect on the outcome of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Are there very many similarities between the style of play of UNH and Towson?
    Actually not really. Towson has the best RB I have seen at the FCS level. They are much more like you guys in terms of the power run game. They love to give West the ball and they should. That doesnt mean stopping West wins you the game. Their QB can throw a good ball and they have some playmakers too. Their defense is pretty good too, and has quite a few FBS transfers. Towson has a great offensive line lead by 4 seniors and 3 all conference players. I have yet to see Towson play a full 4 qtrs and not turn the ball over (They are very prone to turnovers this year). If they dont turn the ball over, and play 4 qtrs, they are a much tougher opponent than UNH is.

The matchup between the UNH defense and the Bison offense intrigues me. Its the lesser known of the two i guess you could say. The Bison offense looks real hot right now, but so does the UNH D. SLU fans kept mentioning how nobody in the southland could stop Bennett. Apparently everyone tried, but nobody did it. Well, UNH did, in fact he looked pretty overrated on Saturday. You could say thats the case, or perhaps the UNH defense has turned a corner and can keep UNH in this game.

Cant forget about special teams either. UNH looked really poor in the special teams game on Saturday, that could be another downfall.

How is Jensen as a scrambling QB? Our QB Goldrich is pretty quick too, he racked up a bunch of yards running out of the pocket on Saturday. Before the playoffs, when things break down he took a sack or threw a pick, but he seems to have really matured over the last few weeks. Hes made some great decisions and throws.

I've always thought Jensens most dangerous asset was his legs. But that was last year when he was throwing pick sixes like he was throwing candy out as a parade.

He's turned it around this year. Still a dangerous runner. It's funny. When you watch the bison..You can get a feeling that the play call is going to be some sort of a qb draw.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk