Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy Turner Invited to Senior Bowl

Default Re: Billy Turner Invited to Senior Bowl

Our Lines (s) are the best in FCS. Too many threads...not enough talking about the dominating performances of our lines this year. Billy is a man and is a very, very good FB player...but our line(s) collectively are better than most FCS lines. I think I'd take MSU and Ohio State...maybe Wisconsin's over ours in the Big 10.

These guys have paved the way to 13 wins and will keep it up Friday night.

Congrats to Billy, guy deserves it!

Hopefully not a terrible question, but who was our last player to receive a senior bowl invite? I was thinking Lamar Gordon did but can't remember if he did or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd890 View Post
    Congrats to Billy, guy deserves it!

Hopefully not a terrible question, but who was our last player to receive a senior bowl invite? I was thinking Lamar Gordon did but can't remember if he did or not.
    If I remember correctly didn't
    Cornick (sp?) play in the senior bowl a couple of years ago?
    Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

This year Billy Turner has turned it up to 11 and broken off the knob.

I said it a couple of weeks ago in a discussion about the most outstanding offensive player in FCS. Linemen so often go unnoticed, but Turner has to be having one of the greatest seasons in FCS history for a LT. You hear the coaches grading out players every week and BT is always in the high 90s. There would be no reason for our own coaching staff to be anything less than very critical because they are always looking for weaknesses that can be exploited. I would be interested in what NFL scout would grade him out at because I am sure if there is interest, someone is watching every game and grading. I think he will be taken in 5th round or better, so that will be a pretty good indication of where the pros have him. It also seems like every big run by one of the backs and BT is in the picture. Turner has been great at this level and will enjoy watching his success at the next level manifest itself over the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    This kid is a beast it has been a dam treat to watch him!
    yep. Hard to find 4 year starting tackles, 3 years at the LT. probably a once in a lifetime talent for this program.

big ups to Billy!

Billy amazes me every week. I watch for him on almost every play. The last couple games on big runs he is there out in front 10 or 15 yards downfield blocking safeties. He even gets out there to block the next level on runs to the right! I just can't believe a man his size can move the way he does. He is a phenomenal football player and he will definitely stand out at the Senior Bowl.

Didn't Drago get invited to the Senior Bowl?

BRING BACK SNORTY

Yes and he had a set a record if I remember correctly...longest punt???

Quote Originally Posted by onbison09 View Post
    Didn't Drago get invited to the Senior Bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I said it a couple of weeks ago in a discussion about the most outstanding offensive player in FCS. Linemen so often go unnoticed, but Turner has to be having one of the greatest seasons in FCS history for a LT. You hear the coaches grading out players every week and BT is always in the high 90s. There would be no reason for our own coaching staff to be anything less than very critical because they are always looking for weaknesses that can be exploited. I would be interested in what NFL scout would grade him out at because I am sure if there is interest, someone is watching every game and grading. I think he will be taken in 5th round or better, so that will be a pretty good indication of where the pros have him. It also seems like every big run by one of the backs and BT is in the picture. Turner has been great at this level and will enjoy watching his success at the next level manifest itself over the next few years.
    I think if he plays well at the Senior Bowl, he will shoot up draft boards, if he already hasn't. There is enough film on him, they want to see him play against the "best" opposite him.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.