Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big 5, the Mountain West, and NDSU

Default Re: The Big 5, the Mountain West, and NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    Attachment 8136

Can someone point out where "allowed to have an opinion on FBS" sits on this chart before I comment further? Thanks.
    Don't worry. All the 30k millionaires who don't donate a dime are never afraid to express their opinion.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Don't worry. All the 30k millionaires who don't donate a dime are never afraid to express their opinion.
    Yep, because anybody that has any opinion about the "possibility" of going up knows nothing about the future state of the Bison?? AND guess who will be the first HOMER to waive his banner when NDSU does eventually move up? YOU!, and your 30K millionaire buddies who own the Bison

If you would have asked me 3 years ago about moving up I would have said "NO", Today I would say "Maybe" it is something NDSU should keep on the table moving forward. Look at some of the competition the Bison have faced in the FCS playoffs the past few years, San Diego?, Go thru the list of teams that made the field? If JMU should move up in the near future there aren't a lot of schools out there to compete for a title, other than MVFC teams. I mean really Sam Houston is a perennial power, Did you watch that game?

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    If you would have asked me 3 years ago about moving up I would have said "NO", Today I would say "Maybe" it is something NDSU should keep on the table moving forward. Look at some of the competition the Bison have faced in the FCS playoffs the past few years, San Diego?, Go thru the list of teams that made the field? If JMU should move up in the near future there aren't a lot of schools out there to compete for a title, other than MVFC teams. I mean really Sam Houston is a perennial power, Did you watch that game?
    I think I'm in the same boat. I wasn't for a FBS move at first but now we are in the championship game 6 of 7 years and there are really only 1 or 2 teams that can challenge us. I do think the only way it's fiscally possible is to have the MVFC move up to FBS with us, I just don't think that's viable for most of the institutions.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I think I'm in the same boat. I wasn't for a FBS move at first but now we are in the championship game 6 of 7 years and there are really only 1 or 2 teams that can challenge us. I do think the only way it's fiscally possible is to have the MVFC move up to FBS with us, I just don't think that's viable for most of the institutions.
    and the fact they CAN'T, NCAA has a mandate that conferences cannot move up as a whole. I'm sure it could be asked for a waiver but ISU-B, WIU, SIU for sure couldn't do it, hell SDSU and USD probably cant
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

We also beat a NON Scholarship team in the SECOND round of the playoffs. The fact is, there is some really poor competition in the FCS, I know the team I see on Gate City Field on Saturdays is capable of better and doesn't appear to be slowing down. Im not saying FCS isn't a good fit, but, im not naïve enough to think were not FBS capable as a program, community, region. Larimie Wyoming??? Really?

We also beat a NON Scholarship team in the SECOND round of the playoffs. The fact is, there is some really poor competition in the FCS, I know the team I see on Gate City Field on Saturdays is capable of better and doesn't appear to be slowing down. Im not saying FCS isn't a good fit, but, im not naïve enough to think were not FBS capable as a program, community, region. Larimie Wyoming??? Really?
    Wyoming gets every dollar the state has for Higher ed, its THE only university in the state, ND has 11 yes 11 freaking institutions. Without State backed money Wyoming is NOT in the FBS hell many schools are not in the FBS spending that money

NDSU like it or not is going to be at the second level for a Long long time, now what in the future will the second level consist of? Who knows but I predict the P5 if they make the playoff larger will not include the G5 and they will start to crumble as their over inflated TV contracts diminish with ESPN hemorrhaging they wont pay that for football that people care about the same as FCS. Out side the FBS top 25 games people do not get pumped to watch Wyoming and New Mexico play at 11pm Eastern time.

its a tough spot for NDSU to be, just take a look east GSU, APPy, and people forget Old Dominion was on track to be a kick ass FCS school and they haven't really don't anything in FBS, Coastal Carolina?? they wont be anything al this is my opinion

Wyoming is a tiny state in terms of population just like ND but they also don't have like 27 other four year public universities slurping up higher ed funding and anchoring the flagship.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Wyoming is a tiny state in terms of population just like ND but they also don't have like 27 other four year public universities slurping up higher ed funding and anchoring the flagship.
    Yep,

State of Wyoming 585,501 - 1 University
    State of ND - 757,952 - 11 Universities
    State of SD - 865,454 - 6 Universities
    State of MT - 1.03 Mil - 16 universities
    State of MN - 5.55 Mil - 37 State Institutions

ND is just nuts with higher ed

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Yep,

State of Wyoming 585,501 - 1 University
    State of ND - 757,952 - 11 Universities
    State of SD - 865,454 - 6 Universities
    State of MT - 1.03 Mil - 16 universities
    State of MN - 5.55 Mil - 37 State Institutions

ND is just nuts with higher ed
    Don't forget with MN, that there is just one DI school and is a highly taxed state (https://www.forbes.com/pictures/emeg.../#4a6ee60b6ff9), and therefore, has a lot more higher education funds.

North Dakota, on the other hand, is a lot more tax-friendly (https://www.forbes.com/pictures/emeg.../#5d51bc494115) with a low population. It amazingly ridiculous to have that many higher education institutions.
    Hail the BISON!!!