Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big 5, the Mountain West, and NDSU

Default Re: The Big 5, the Mountain West, and NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    I'd say first in the Missouri Valley Football Conference is better. We'll go FBS when the time comes and not before. Who wants to be third?
    Are you saying winning the valley is tougher or am I misreading this?
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    Are you saying winning the valley is tougher or am I misreading this?
    You're misreading. Winning the Valley means a conference championship, an autobid to the tourney, a likely top-4 seed in the tourney, and a probable deep run in the tourney. A third place in the MWC means a lower tier bowl game and that's it. That was his point.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    You are correct. We did lose our coach. But by moving up how does that change anything? It doesnt unless NDSU figures out a way to bring in an additional 10 million a year EVERY YEAR.
    I still agree as I did when I wrote it orginally. Having a good record at FCS and being ready for the next level are too entirely different discussions.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

We could never compete dollar wise vs the big 5 but 10 million more per year would put us on the top of the mac conference and would pull us to Wyomings current level. The question is could we raise the money?

We can obviously do more with less but we MUST increase coaches salaries to protect the program

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We could never compete dollar wise vs the big 5 but 10 million more per year would put us on the top of the mac conference and would pull us to Wyomings current level. The question is could we raise the money?

We can obviously do more with less but we MUST increase coaches salaries to protect the program
    Fire inflation, save coaches!
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

step by step.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

I want nothing to with being compared to Wyoming at its current level.......
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I know some (ok maybe one) have let their desire be well known for NDSU to join the mountain west. I was just reading on a MWC teams forum and it was mentioned that of the 12 teams only Air Force has a coach who has been there 4 years or more. That seems like insane turnover. Is that a normal rate of turnover for FBS conferences? If not, I don't know if I would want to join into that kind of instability

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I know some (ok maybe one) have let their desire be well known for NDSU to join the mountain west. I was just reading on a MWC teams forum and it was mentioned that of the 12 teams only Air Force has a coach who has been there 4 years or more. That seems like insane turnover. Is that a normal rate of turnover for FBS conferences? If not, I don't know if I would want to join into that kind of instability
    three long tenured coaches recently left jobs at Boise state, Fresno state, and Nevada.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    three long tenured coaches recently left jobs at Boise state, Fresno state, and Nevada.
    Ok so it fairly coincidental. I knew about Petersen but have not followed the other two schools much.