Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big 5, the Mountain West, and NDSU

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The Big 5, the Mountain West, and NDSU

I started playing NCAA Football 14 on the Xbox 360 again recently. I replaced San Jose State with NDSU. A guy can dream?

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Plus like I said last time old chapo brought up a similar idea, what happens to the relationship between ndsu and the mvfc or fcs for that matter. What happens next year when the FBS doesn't want us or we don't want to move up and we've burned all the bridges?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    NDSU is the MVFC/FCS- not sure how or why they would not see this as a benefit to improve their image. Be like the FCS being upset NDSU scheduled Oregon.

Beyond that- at what point does NDSU act somewhat upset that the MVFC isn't playing when the Big Ten is?... Yeah yeah, spring schedule (minus a decent number of our seniors). NDSU just flames back that they did it for them. Good for NDSU recruiting as well- that they care about football, not being pushed around, and care about their players.

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    I started playing NCAA Football 14 on the Xbox 360 again recently. I replaced San Jose State with NDSU. A guy can dream?
    funny on the MWC board, that's been mentioned a few times. Just replace SJSU w NDSU asap.

sorry, this isn't a far fetched idea, NDSU has Cred right now and a marketing gorilla in Trey Lance/Dillon Randunz that could be utilized to HELP created revenue for this university that is hemorrhaging revenue now
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Only when people have ambition in life anything of significance can be achieved. Currently we have an administration that is very bad. They are just riding on the coat tails of a very successful Football program. Student enrollment is down (http://ndsuspectrum.com/enrollment-r...nt-rates-rise/). No FBS games on schedule. No interest in moving to D1 level where exposure and opportunities are bigger and better. Currently the only thing we have is a very successful Football program, largely due to a bunch of highly motivated and outstanding 18-20 year olds and Football coaches. The top management is just lazy , overfed and very uninspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    Only when people have ambition in life anything of significance can be achieved. Currently we have an administration that is very bad. They are just riding on the coat tails of a very successful Football program. Student enrollment is down (http://ndsuspectrum.com/enrollment-r...nt-rates-rise/). No FBS games on schedule. No interest in moving to D1 level where exposure and opportunities are bigger and better. Currently the only thing we have is a very successful Football program, largely due to a bunch of highly motivated and outstanding 18-20 year olds and Football coaches. The top management is just lazy , overfed and very uninspiring.
    get the waiver-----------------NOW!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    Reality slapping the face.

elevating NDSU by using the football program as a springboard was what elevated NDSU in the 1st place paging Joe Chapman/Gene Taylor

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I agree we needed to try harder to play some FBS games. We needed to play at least 3 games this fall. It would have been unbelievable to play an independent type schedule this year. I have not been onboard to jumping unless it makes total logical sense, but we clearly are not an FCS program. Although, I lived thru the 90's as a fan and we went backwards thanks to D2 taking away scholarships and FCS is headed clearly in that direction right now.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I agree we needed to try harder to play some FBS games. We needed to play at least 3 games this fall. It would have been unbelievable to play an independent type schedule this year. I have not been onboard to jumping unless it makes total logical sense, but we clearly are not an FCS program. Although, I lived thru the 90's as a fan and we went backwards thanks to D2 taking away scholarships and FCS is headed clearly in that direction right now.
    this is what i'm fearing as well, with covid as an excuse, alot of fcs programs will be hurting (they already were and are!) so what a perfect time to decrease scholarships grrr

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Yep I'm starting to jump on the bandwagon of moving up. We are clearly not an FCS program anymore. FCS teams don't beat Iowa or K State.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Let's crowd source a budget and pay these FBS pansies to play us in their house. Think about the press from that? FCS school pays FBS school for road game. Beats them by double digits. This is once in a century like opportunity.

National brand over night.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes