Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big 5, the Mountain West, and NDSU

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The Big 5, the Mountain West, and NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    you see the crowd? I bet there were all of 6K there, so all of Western Wyoming made it
    6,000 people...Wow...bet that was an incredible environment....much better than 17,000 and a natty on the line. I mean they were playing for the Idaho Potato Harvest Bowl championship in front of 6,000 people. That's something to tell the grand-kids about.

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    The are FBS

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    And their teams have about as good a chance of playing in the FBS title game as NDSU currently does.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    And their teams have about as good a chance of playing in the FBS title game as NDSU currently does.
    But they are fbs

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

UCF goes 13-0 and wins the Chic-Fil-A Peach Bowl, beating a team that beat both Georgia and Alabama and gets to put this in their trophy case:

Meanwhile 2 teams from the SEC with those losses to Auburn get to play for the Championship again. The CFP is a sham.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    UCF goes 13-0 and wins the Chic-Fil-A Peach Bowl, beating a team that beat both Georgia and Alabama and gets to put this in their trophy case:

Meanwhile 2 teams from the SEC with those losses to Auburn get to play for the Championship again. The CFP is a sham.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Talked to a friend of mine who lives in Atlanta and is involved with game operations. He was around the teams all week and at the game. He said UCF was all in for the game while Auburn was going through the motions. They were less than enthused about returning to the site where they lost the conference championship a couple weeks earlier. The UCF section was full and the Auburn section had several open sections of seats. The school/conference bought up several seats so it would remain a sellout. Even with that, Auburn was close to tying the game at the end. He's a very knowledgeable football coach and he guessed UCF would maybe be in the middle of the SEC at best. In his opinion they had no business being in the playoff.

This doesn't say a lot about the current bowl system either. That was a NYE6 bowl and a top SEC team wasn't overly excited playing in it. The more players who bow out of playing in major bowl games also lessens their value. I only heard of a couple this year, but I'm sure there were more.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Talked to a friend of mine who lives in Atlanta and is involved with game operations. He was around the teams all week and at the game. He said UCF was all in for the game while Auburn was going through the motions. They were less than enthused about returning to the site where they lost the conference championship a couple weeks earlier. The UCF section was full and the Auburn section had several open sections of seats. The school/conference bought up several seats so it would remain a sellout. Even with that, Auburn was close to tying the game at the end. He's a very knowledgeable football coach and he guessed UCF would maybe be in the middle of the SEC at best. In his opinion they had no business being in the playoff.

This doesn't say a lot about the current bowl system either. That was a NYE6 bowl and a top SEC team wasn't overly excited playing in it. The more players who bow out of playing in major bowl games also lessens their value. I only heard of a couple this year, but I'm sure there were more.
    That kind of conjecture, accurate or not, is, or at least should be completely worthless. Even an 8 team playoff would make a huge difference. These things need to be proven in playoffs, not by conjecture and/or computers

Mountain West is BACK!!
    Mountain West “aggressively exploring” options to play 8-game fall season, culminating w/Dec. 19 MW title game, sources told

@Stadium

. This would allow league to be eligible for NY6 bowls. Not all schools might play w/Hawaii, Fresno & Air Force biggest unknowns for full season
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Could MWC replace NDSU for 1 year waiver to fill in for (hawaii, fresno or air force?)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Could MWC replace NDSU for 1 year waiver to fill in for (hawaii, fresno or air force?)
    I will give you credit.

You aren't a quitter.