Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big 5, the Mountain West, and NDSU

Default Re: The Big 5, the Mountain West, and NDSU

After looking at the Mountain West Website. Once again Geography seems to be the biggest sticking point. I see no way the teams in the MW conference will want to travel to Fargo ND. the MVFC is really the best spot for any of the Dakota schools, Geographically speaking, and I don't see that changing in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by UND-92 View Post
    After looking at the Mountain West Website. Once again Geography seems to be the biggest sticking point. I see no way the teams in the MW conference will want to travel to Fargo ND. the MVFC is really the best spot for any of the Dakota schools, Geographically speaking, and I don't see that changing in the near future.
    In my conversation with them last year about the upcoming Iowa game during a luncheon, they showed absolutely no interest in adding NDSU. They viewed us as a cute school though, which is probably more than how they viewed the other Dakota schools.
    Hail the BISON!!!

In 2017 MWC had I team in March Madness, Nevada, play 1 game. So the Conference receives $1.71MM paid to the conference (over a 6 year period). Not sure how the conference splits that up. So the $1.5 MM quoted above is false.

Quote Originally Posted by UND-92 View Post
    A few years IIRC Hawaii was going to or strongly considering dropping their athletics programs- is that something they are still considering??
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I hear a lot of people (FBS fan bases) say that NDSU has no interest in moving up. I disagree with that statement in general. The official word from NDSU is “we are happy where we are.” Well dah, what are they supposed to say. That’s the only words you’ll hear officially until there’s a formal agreement in place. I trust NDSU is watching their situation closely.

How is Hawaii in the Mountain West if they are concerned about geography? Who is their basketball travel partner? San Diego State or Guam Community College?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    How is Hawaii in the Mountain West if they are concerned about geography? Who is their basketball travel partner? San Diego State or Guam Community College?

Hawaii is in the MW for football only. They are in the Big West for all others. Which still doesn’t change a thing since there are no other major athletics besides UH here. UH does have a healthy local following and I have not heard any rumblings about dropping athletics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

LOL, I was talking this over with a friend of mine in Nevada, he said NDSU would be a good add but its to far away so I brought up Hawaii, and he said.."shit everyone forgets about them hell your right"
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

travel? yea it's called planes. Fargo to Denver. Fargo to Vegas not that complicated folks!!

my numbers came from mountain west website, Google probably has it to.

NDSU needs to go AFTER the mountain west... solicit them! instead of this passive business. no one gets anywhere in life being passive. Fargo is a big city now, time to grow up and stretch these legs. get a new teammakers executive and get the ball rolling. heck at Frisco there should be people from teammakers walking around with empty barrels and filling them with cash from the tailgating
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Im not sure Hawaii is a great example, Ive always wondered why Hawaii doesn't play all its games at home. What a great destination for schools to travel (non-conference). NDSU should look into that one. Play early in the year with a cup cake at home on the backside. Not a bad recruiting tool either.