Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big 5, the Mountain West, and NDSU

Default Re: The Big 5, the Mountain West, and NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I know some (ok maybe one) have let their desire be well known for NDSU to join the mountain west. I was just reading on a MWC teams forum and it was mentioned that of the 12 teams only Air Force has a coach who has been there 4 years or more. That seems like insane turnover. Is that a normal rate of turnover for FBS conferences? If not, I don't know if I would want to join into that kind of instability
    Typical MWC fans. they dont understand football or math. Hauck is entering year 5 at UNLV

mountainwest.jpg

NDSU record in Mountain West would be 11-1 according to FCS analyst Steve Pugh (who has a computer program with Sagarin/Massey)

a picture says a thousand words
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I did some research:

NDSU to Mountain West: TV deal pays $1.6 million to each school. CFP money pays $5 million to each school. March madness $1.5 million to each. NDSU = $8 million more in revenue

Lets do this already
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I did some research:

NDSU to Mountain West: TV deal pays $1.6 million to each school. CFP money pays $5 million to each school. March madness $1.5 million to each. NDSU = $8 million more in revenue

Lets do this already
    Man, you're forgetting the GoDaddy.com/Meinicke CarCare bowl invite. Gee Whiz, Chappie. Bump this thread when a G5 school is included in the CFP.

I did some research:

Lets do this already
    8million isn’t enough
    Most competitive teams in the mountain west have athletic budgets in the mid 40 million range
    With donor support in the 10 million range
    Your math as usual isn’t very good
    TRUST THE PROCESS

I did some research:

Lets do this already
    Where is this $5M number from the CFP coming from? Unless NDSU actually makes a New Years 6 Bowl that's part of the CFP they just get the scraps that are shared amongst the G5 conference which, while significant are nowhere near $5M annually. Last year the entire CUSA (14 teams) got $13.9M to share from the CFP. The Notre Dame got $2.9M. No team in the MWC is sniffing close to $5M from the CFP.

https://amp-usatoday-com.cdn.ampproj.../amp/952646001

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Where is this $5M number from the CFP coming from? Unless NDSU actually makes a New Years 6 Bowl that's part of the CFP they just get the scraps that are shared amongst the G5 conference which, while significant are nowhere near $5M annually. Last year the entire CUSA (14 teams) got $13.9M to share from the CFP. The Notre Dame got $2.9M. No team in the MWC is sniffing close to $5M from the CFP.

https://amp-usatoday-com.cdn.ampproj.../amp/952646001
    Dont give lakes facts, it wont matter

I saw this thread this morning and thought, "Great who the hell started another thread about this discussion?" Then I realized it was me...... Three years ago.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Benefits-Chart-2017.jpg

Can someone point out where "allowed to have an opinion on FBS" sits on this chart before I comment further? Thanks.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    Benefits-Chart-2017.jpg

Can someone point out where "allowed to have an opinion on FBS" sits on this chart before I comment further? Thanks.
    It's actually not on that chart. It's to the right of "Full Scholarship" and the donation level is $200 million. That would cover a 35,000 seat new stadium, a practice facility, increased travel cost and the increases in scholarships in both the football program and matching title 9 sports.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!