Thread: What a Crazy week.

Default What a Crazy week.

My two favorite coaches (Peterson and Bohl) depart BSU and NDSU in a matter of two days to different Universities after being at there jobs for 13 and 11 years respectively. Both departures where abrupt and final. Needless to say it was quite a shock for everybody. Now it seems to be somewhat back to a more normal atmosphere at both places. We have a new coach, previously a OC at BSU and are settling in for a new future with a 37 year old coach.
    This annual coaching carousel is something that happens to others or at least for more than a decade for both of us. What seems to be a duplicate of how both of these changes went down. Both acceptance speeches seemed to mirror each other. The emotions of both coaches were evident and the hard decisions they had to make in their lives.
    My main reason for coming on your board was to congratulate you on the fact that Coach Bohl and Assistants, NDSU players and fans have looked through the bad feelings that come with a coaching change and are going to unite for a run at a THREE PEAT. This is a very unique situation.
    I hope you can pull this out for a third time in a row. Hopefully everybody is back in sync to accomplish this. GOOD LUCK ON SATURDAY. GO BISON we will be rooting for you in Boise.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What a Crazy week.

Boise is my second team and always will be. It was either NDSU or BSU for college. I chose NDSU because it was closer to home.

I was reading about Peterson and was wondering what he meant by, "Everyone will be better off for it," about him leaving for Washington.

Mainly it was just time for him to move to a new challenge and BSU is in good shape, with new facilities (New $22M football complex). It was time to get new blood into the program. Since last week the boards have been insane as has yours with everybody speculating what is going on. Supposably Pete had a interest in Udub a few years ago, when Belotti offered him the Oregon job, him told him that. The thinking is if Pete was ever going to go to a BCS school now was the time. The program might have become somewhat stagnant for him. I really don't think it was the money, because he turned that down before with /Stanford and USC. With Udub's new $220M Stadium, I guess the stars just lined up for him.

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ACECON View Post
    Mainly it was just time for him to move to a new challenge and BSU is in good shape, with new facilities (New $22M football complex). It was time to get new blood into the program. Since last week the boards have been insane as has yours with everybody speculating what is going on. Supposably Pete had a interest in Udub a few years ago, when Belotti offered him the Oregon job, him told him that. The thinking is if Pete was ever going to go to a BCS school now was the time. The program might have become somewhat stagnant for him. I really don't think it was the money, because he turned that down before with /Stanford and USC. With Udub's new $220M Stadium, I guess the stars just lined up for him.

UW is a good coach away from being a powerhouse. They have some of the best facilities in the country and a ton of money to go around.

Quote Originally Posted by MontBison View Post
    UW is a good coach away from being a powerhouse. They have some of the best facilities in the country and a ton of money to go around.
    That contract is ridiculous!
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

End Zone, do you have a MW Team?

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've been a Boise fan since they started competing in BCS games and I've worked with people from Boise the past 5 years. I'm guessing by next year I will become a Wyoming fan though.

Quote Originally Posted by ACECON View Post
    End Zone, do you have a MW Team?
    He doesn't..he just echoes what many of us want..a move up to the mw conference

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Hell this week has turned out to be exciting... We should do this every year!

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Hell this week has turned out to be exciting... We should do this every year!
    If it means an undefeated season and strong shot at a national championship each year, then I'm game!