Thread: Portland Watch Party?

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Portland Watch Party?

Would anyone in the portland area want to watch the game on Saturday? Orygun and I thought on deck in the pearl would be a decent spot. Any other suggestions before I get in touch with the alumni association?

Default Re: Portland Watch Party?

BBW downtown hosted a watch party when the Bison were in the basketball tournament. I'm on call this weekend so I have to stay at home.

The East Bank Saloon hosted at least on Bison/Sioux watch party back when we played each other in football. Jeez, that was a long time ago.
    It's OK to not be OK.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I'm on call this weekend so I have to stay at home.
    Dude, that's what cell phones are for. They won't know that you've left the western suburbs in search of civilization.

Funny story about East Bank - I was there with friends after softball about 12 years ago. We ordered several pitchers of beer and one of water. The one with water had stuff floating on top so we naturally asked for a new one. When that one came to the table, it too had floaties. After our third pitcher of water shows up with floating debris of some sort, we finally gave up. (Several pitchers of beer were consumed by this point.) Eventually, as we were leaving, we passed by the server station where they were filling up the water and there was a bug zapper on the wall right above it. Personally, I haven't been back since.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Dude, that's what cell phones are for. They won't know that you've left the western suburbs in search of civilization.

Funny story about East Bank - I was there with friends after softball about 12 years ago. We ordered several pitchers of beer and one of water. The one with water had stuff floating on top so we naturally asked for a new one. When that one came to the table, it too had floaties. After our third pitcher of water shows up with floating debris of some sort, we finally gave up. (Several pitchers of beer were consumed by this point.) Eventually, as we were leaving, we passed by the server station where they were filling up the water and there was a bug zapper on the wall right above it. Personally, I haven't been back since.
    Now that is nasty!!!!!

A&L Sports Bar has had Bison games on in the past. It's on NE 56th and Glisan. I'm going to watch it in my backyard.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    A&L Sports Bar has had Bison games on in the past. It's on NE 56th and Glisan. I'm going to watch it in my backyard.
    That's where I watched the Bison - Jayhawks game a few years ago. Been there a few other times as well. It's okay.
    Insert something clever here...

If anyone is in the PDX area me and Orygun will be at Katie o'briens

Wil be at on deck in the pearl today if anyone's in the area