Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We need to thank Coach Bohl

Default We need to thank Coach Bohl

He might have just given this team all the fire they need to steamroll from here on out. They will be playing with an edge, a chip on their shoulder. This is going to be fun to watch, and from here on out we can be watching Coach's last game at NDSU.

Let's do this.

Default Re: We need to thank Coach Bohl

Let's Go Bison! Let's Go Bison! Let's Go Bison!

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A FCS Winner to FBS Loser.

$$ did show the ugly side of greed in him.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Thanks to Coach Bohl for his time here.

NDSU will be just fine.

Thanks for the 11 years and the great football teams.

The last decade + of Bison football has been the most enjoyable stretch I've been able to witness as a fan. I'm upset to see him go but have nothing but respect for what he did to put our program on top of the FCS in such a short time. Thank you Coach Bohl!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    $$ did show the ugly side of greed in him.
    Greed? This has nothing to do with greed. This has to do with being good enough at what he does and being in the right place at the right time to get an offer for several times his current take home pay with some other nice conveniences. It's about taking care of his family and setting them up for his eventual retirement.

Believe it or not, there is more to life than Bison football.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Greed? This has nothing to do with greed. This has to do with being good enough at what he does and being in the right place at the right time to get an offer for several times his current take home pay with some other nice conveniences. It's about taking care of his family and setting them up for his eventual retirement.

Believe it or not, there is more to life than Bison football.
    It would have made sense if he waited till the end of the season but i guess he thought just like you " there are things more important to him than Bison football....."
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    It would have made sense if he waited till the end of the season but i guess he thought just like you " there are things more important to him than Bison football....."
    It is easy to think this way superficially. But do you really know the details of the situation to make an informed judgment? I'm not defending the guy. I think it sucks that he is leaving, and the timing especially sucks.

Consider this... Someone offers you a job that you know you can do. You've shown that you're qualified. They offer you 5x or more than you are currently earning. They are custom tailoring perks in the position specific to your needs and wants. You are basically creating the perfect situation for yourself. You've already done all the research you need to be comfortable with making the jump.

There's a catch, though. You're in the middle of a big project in which you are personally vested and have several employees relying upon you for leadership. You created the project. You have the vision. And for their own political reasons, this new employer needs to announce a decision tomorrow.

This may be a once in a lifetime opportunity for you. If you pass it up in the interest of finishing your project, this opportunity is gone and you may not ever get another opportunity that fits you quite like this one. The project means a lot to you, but you can always create a new vision within this new opportunity.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    It is easy to think this way superficially. But do you really know the details of the situation to make an informed judgment? I'm not defending the guy. I think it sucks that he is leaving, and the timing especially sucks.

Consider this... Someone offers you a job that you know you can do. You've shown that you're qualified. They offer you 5x or more than you are currently earning. They are custom tailoring perks in the position specific to your needs and wants. You are basically creating the perfect situation for yourself. You've already done all the research you need to be comfortable with making the jump.

There's a catch, though. You're in the middle of a big project in which you are personally vested and have several employees relying upon you for leadership. You created the project. You have the vision. And for their own political reasons, this new employer needs to announce a decision tomorrow.

This may be a once in a lifetime opportunity for you. If you pass it up in the interest of finishing your project, this opportunity is gone and you may not ever get another opportunity that fits you quite like this one. The project means a lot to you, but you can always create a new vision within this new opportunity.
    You can't compare some pissant job to a coaching position that impacts tens of thousands!! Nice try