Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We need to thank Coach Bohl

Default Re: We need to thank Coach Bohl

I am happy for Craig Bohl and especially like the fact he is staying through the end of the year and not gutting our coaching staff. Its up to the coaches to remain focused for the rest of the year. They owe it to the players and the program.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I am happy for Craig Bohl and especially like the fact he is staying through the end of the year and not gutting our coaching staff. Its up to the coaches to remain focused for the rest of the year. They owe it to the players and the program.
    Oh he's gutting the coaching staff once the playoffs are over.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your amazing run at NDSU, Coach Bohl.
    I wonder if there would be less bitching on this board if we were looking for a replacement coach for reasons like:

1) Lack of performance on the football field and the inability to field a defense for a team that the fans don't give 2 shits about or
    2) Lack of judgement for driving student athletes around without a valid license while drunk and hitting cars that got in the way.

Looking forward to another Natty in Frisco!
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Hello everyone. Long time observer, not very often poster stopping by to throw in my two cents...

Coach Bohl is doing what is right for Coach Bohl. And (brace yourselves) that's ok!!!

All this talk about timing is ridiculous. Guess what? College coaching jobs worth getting are rarely available after Jan 4. If this is the fit for him then he had no choice, the job would not have been waiting for him.

The players shouldve been notified first, absolutely. It leaked! What can you do?? It is what it is! If the players have issue with how it went down, they have that right 100% and frankly I'd be very interested to hear their takes on the situation. But don't sit atop your ivory keyboards talking about how Coach Bohl is greedy or 'we're seeing his true colors' or any other such none sense. We've seen his true colors for years: a champion, a leader, and a winner. He has already given us, as fans, more than we could have ever hoped for and more than he owed us.

Going to boo him at the game??? Losers. That is full Chat-town talk. Don't be spiteful a--holes. He, along with this senior class, deserve nothing but our thanks and the loudest GD Fargo Dome crowd yet. When he returns to Fargo from Frisco to drop off some hardware, clean out his office, and give Hazelton the keys to the castle we should all be lucky enough to be there to shake his hand and say 'Thanks for everything you did for us Coach, good luck in Laramie.'

Let's not forget in all this hullabaloo: he is after all about to bring us another trophy.
    "I was a fan before he kicked out the cafeteria window, and still am now g.d. it." -self loathing Minnesota St alum/Bison fan just trying to get some lunch in 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    Oh he's gutting the coaching staff once the playoffs are over.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
    Not to worry. We found them right? We can find some more.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Pat View Post
    Hello everyone. Long time observer, not very often poster stopping by to throw in my two cents...

Coach Bohl is doing what is right for Coach Bohl. And (brace yourselves) that's ok!!!

All this talk about timing is ridiculous. Guess what? College coaching jobs worth getting are rarely available after Jan 4. If this is the fit for him then he had no choice, the job would not have been waiting for him.

The players shouldve been notified first, absolutely. It leaked! What can you do?? It is what it is! If the players have issue with how it went down, they have that right 100% and frankly I'd be very interested to hear their takes on the situation. But don't sit atop your ivory keyboards talking about how Coach Bohl is greedy or 'we're seeing his true colors' or any other such none sense. We've seen his true colors for years: a champion, a leader, and a winner. He has already given us, as fans, more than we could have ever hoped for and more than he owed us.

Going to boo him at the game??? Losers. That is full Chat-town talk. Don't be spiteful a--holes. He, along with this senior class, deserve nothing but our thanks and the loudest GD Fargo Dome crowd yet. When he returns to Fargo from Frisco to drop off some hardware, clean out his office, and give Hazelton the keys to the castle we should all be lucky enough to be there to shake his hand and say 'Thanks for everything you did for us Coach, good luck in Laramie.'

Let's not forget in all this hullabaloo: he is after all about to bring us another trophy.
    The booing stuff is ridiculous. In hindsight the timing had more to do with a leak and that's what pissed everyone off, including myself. It's all about timing. It's not like Gene Taylor was going to schedule a press conference at 10 pm. Now that facts are emerging, everyone is calming down. Last night we thought he had left the team already and took the entire coaching staff with him without notifying the players ultimately ruining our playoff run. Had he done that I would have been PISSED and rightfully so. But we've since learned he's sticking with the team through the playoffs. We can't ask for more. All we can do now is hope Gene Taylor keeps as many assistant coaches as possible and we pony up some cash to do it. If it's not in the budget, I hope teamakers can help. It's a common practice.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Not to worry. We found them right? We can find some more.
    Did we find them or did coach bohl?

Quote Originally Posted by heckler_of_the_north View Post
    Did we find them or did coach bohl?
    The coaching fraternity is extensive and everyone knows everyone. NDSU has a history of great coaches. I am not worried.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    The booing stuff is ridiculous. In hindsight the timing had more to do with a leak and that's what pissed everyone off, including myself. It's all about timing. It's not like Gene Taylor was going to schedule a press conference at 10 pm. Now that facts are emerging, everyone is calming down. Last night we thought he had left the team already and took the entire coaching staff with him without notifying the players ultimately ruining our playoff run. Had he done that I would have been PISSED and rightfully so. But we've since learned he's sticking with the team through the playoffs. We can't ask for more. All we can do now is hope Gene Taylor keeps as many assistant coaches as possible and we pony up some cash to do it. If it's not in the budget, I hope teamakers can help. It's a common practice.
    Yeah last night I probably would've been saying alot of the same things, I had the luxury of not being at a key board so I just shouted everything at my wife while she shook her head at me wondering what my problem was The climate seems to have relaxed a little bit now as facts emerge. I look forward to enjoying Bison football this weekend, even if it only calms the static for a few hours.
    "I was a fan before he kicked out the cafeteria window, and still am now g.d. it." -self loathing Minnesota St alum/Bison fan just trying to get some lunch in 2001.

Just found this on another board:

Wyoming: Sources tell us that Craig Bohl has offered positions at Wyoming to offensive coordinator Brent Vigen, defensive coordinator Chris Klieman, recruiting coordinator (receivers) Kenni Burns, linebackers coach Steve Stanard and offensive line coach Scott Fuchs. We also hear that at this time, Bohl plans to continue to coach his NDSU team through their playoff run.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk