Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Perspectives from a Bison fan in Wyoming....

Default Re: Perspectives from a Bison fan in Wyoming....

Quote Originally Posted by GFBison View Post
    I think this is his retirement job. If he is successful it will take 3-5 years most likely 5. That puts him at 60 or 61. If not successful he gets early retirement.
    I wouldn't argue with that at all......

Quote Originally Posted by mrbison2013 View Post
    Are the cheerleaders hot in Wyoming, im worried for Bohl, remember nebraska, also never trust a bald man
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbison2013 View Post
    The Bison are Toast. Bohl knew he was on a sinking ship.....he's a pirate .....
    Classy first two posts.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

I'm not upset that Bohl is leaving. I'm actually happy for him despite some of my comments. He's staying through the playoffs which is big. But what I am not happy about is the assistant coaches and the unknown if we will keep the same Tampa 2 and West Coast in place. If we keep the same program in place we will be a contender next year. If we start from scratch we will be a middle of the road team. Players will go back to square one. This isn't a case of rebuilding. We have a championship team in place.its not like when Taylor hired Bohl and cleaned house

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm curious where wyoming gets the money for this?

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    If NDSU was playing as poorly as WYO I think you would see less support than WYO enjoys now. We only have to look as far back as the Babich era and see no tailgating, a half full Fargodome with snoozing fans and an apathetic community. Wyoming seems to always back the Pokes no matter how crappy they are.

If NDSU happens to hit the skids, it may be tough to hold the incredible atmosphere and support level that has developed. Bison fans are much more used to winning than WYO fans.
    wyoming has the benefit of playing more interesting opponents. NDSU is a much different school than it was in the babich days as well. If schools like Air Force, Boise St, Nevada Fresno St etc were coming to town every week, I think NDSU would probably be even more nuts about football.

Wyoming job will have another obstacle to overcome as it looks like Colorado State is turning things around an hour south of Laramie. It's easier to recruit to Fort Collins than Laramie, and csu staff has two plus years head start

Quote Originally Posted by Portlandbison View Post
    Wyoming job will have another obstacle to overcome as it looks like Colorado State is turning things around an hour south of Laramie. It's easier to recruit to Fort Collins than Laramie, and csu staff has two plus years head start
    If you have that NDSU coaching staff in Laramie, WYO becomes a much more appealing program for recruits.