Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We Are Spoiled

Default Re: We Are Spoiled

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Not picking on you gabe but pointing out a big peeve of mine over the last week of people comparing 2013 Furman to 2012 Wofford and GSU. I don't think this Furman team is anywhere near what Wofford and GSU were last year. Both of those teams were ranked in the top 10 of the FCS for most of the year and both of those teams had dominant running games, Georgia Southern especially, and Wofford had a defense than Furman does this year. Furman's offense ranks 103rd (of 122 teams) in the FCS, which is not the type of offense that will get many points against the Bison, and their defense is ranked 72nd in the FCS so they're not world beaters either. The main reason why they're 8-5 on the year is their turnover margin is +13. Their ability to turn the opponent over is the only thing that worries me because I think the only way they stay in this game is with multiple (fumble/INT/punt/kickoff) return TDs. This isn't Wofford or GSU from 2012, it's more like Illinois St from 2013. I'd expect a similar result to the 28-10 score to that game.
    ...agreed...

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    Fcs=d2 we came we say we dominated its boring being 30 point favorites wheres heckler-endzone mountain west for the best
    Sam you using slicks account again?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Lets not forget Robert Morris the first playoff game. I remember looking around at the empty seats shaking my head. And that was before anyone had a chance to be spoiled. I really think name recognition has a lot to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Lets not forget Robert Morris the first playoff game. I remember looking around at the empty seats shaking my head. And that was before anyone had a chance to be spoiled. I really think name recognition has a lot to do with it.
    To be fair, that game was played on Thanksgiving weekend, which never draws good crowds. Heck, even Montana had trouble getting 15K to a playoff game a few years back when it was played on that weekend.

However, at the time, I was shocked at the lack of fans too.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.