Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We Are Spoiled

Default Re: We Are Spoiled

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Did NDSU even announce their were extra tickets left this AM*? I didn't see a Tweet or FB post.

*Just because I didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
    me neither but it was on the website when you tried to order tickets in really small print. Obviously half the board sounded surprised when I posted it here.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I agree with this and I also agree that there is a perception that tickets are impossible to get which makes selling the remaining few more difficult than it would be otherwise.
    I agree with this whole thread, YES WE ARE SPOILED!!

There are some who are "kind-of" overlooking this game, and thats normal for fair-weather fans, but not for the true Bison fans. We know anything can happen. Good thing is this Coaching staff and group of players will NOT overlook anyone or anything, and thats all that really matters.

But as EC8CH said, there is this perception that tickets are impossible to get, thats totally true. Wife and I just secured tickets for a sister and bro-in-law(Bison alums too but not season ticket holders) who simply assumed tickets would not be available. In the end there will be a sellout or near sellout of screaming Bison fans!!

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Obviously half the board sounded surprised when I posted it here.
    Where is this half the board. I see two or maybe it was 3 people that posted they picked up tickets this A.M. and none of them sounded surprised to me. Tickets have become available at the end of the playoff week for the last 3 years and it also happens the same way every week during the season for the last how many regular season home games (student tickets and opposing team returned tickets). If people are surprised tickets were coming available they don't follow things to closely for the last few years.

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think this weekend is kind of a perfect storm for lower ticket demand. Nearly all of my out-of-town friends that usually try to make games aren't coming. Bad weather means risky travel conditions and limited tailgating atmosphere against an opponent that most think will be a fairly easy win with a marquee opponent (Montana) on the horizon. Put it all together and it has them all waiting a week to make the trip.

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonboone11 View Post
    There is a playoff game tomorrow, and there are still many tickets for sale on gobison.com. There is no online waiting room to get tickets, and there are still areas with at least 4 seats together. I realize that many fans probably don't think it will be a real close game, but Furman is a playoff team. Have we become this spoiled that we can't even get excited for a playoff game because it's against an opponent who is perceived as being "weak"? Furman beat Georgia Southern and Wofford this year; the two teams that gave NDSU easily their toughest games in the playoffs last year. Yes, I do realize that Georgia Southern and Wofford may not be at the level they were at last year, but Georgia Southern did just beat Florida. If NDSU loses, there will be no next week.

(I know I am preaching to the choir here, as most people on this board likely already have their tickets and will be there cheering loudly.)
    I'm not making the connection of being spoiled because the returned tickets didn't sell out in the first 5 minutes. As others have said, there will be 18000+ at the dome and it will be rocking moreso than usual. How many times the past few years were that many tickets returned? Not many remembered there was a possibility one more round of ticket sales (and those that did most likely had tickets already). How many are not bringing their kids? We won't bring our two to the playoff games for the simple fact they don't pay enough attention yet. I'm giving those two tickets to someone who may have bought from those remaining tickets.

However, if the majority opinion is "I'll wait until next week to watch the Bison play a good game", then I kinda get it.

As for the team being perceived as weak, there's quite a few reasons for that. I don't agree with all of these, but this is some of what's going on out there.
    1 - They finished with a 7-5 record. Smarter fans who can look past that will see they were a second half of the year team.
    2 - They were on the road last week. Again the smarter fans can see SCSt can bid higher than a 2500 enrollment school can.
    3 - "They only won because GSU and ASU weren't elligible. Conference is weak." are two big sayings I have heard - We will see if that's the case tomorrow.
    4 - They didn't use up their alotment of tickets. If their fans aren't confident enough to come up for gameday, it makes it appear their team isn't that great.

Either way, a few short years ago we were all begging for a playoff game in the dome. I don't think that excitement has left and Saturday will be rocking just as much as last year's round two game - the SDSU atmosphere was great, but I think that had just as much to do with it being a playoff game as it did the opponent. What I'm trying to say is don't let 500ish unsold tickets change your perception of what we both know is going to happen tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Where are those 30,000 fans that supposedly want tickets? I guess they thought it was sold out.
    The best part about this is that I think this is an accurate statement. I talked to 4 people at work yesterday and each of them thought he game was sold out and had no clue they could get tickets. I haven't seen or heard one advertisement for this game in particular. I think the marketing dept kind of eased up thinking demand would be consistent, but people don't even try if they think they know the game is sold out...

Bisonfan1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If the game isnt sold out by the end of the day, Im sure the marketing department will get the word out to the media tonight. ?? Hopefully. Every 12th man needed. GO BISON

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
    I'm not making the connection of being spoiled because the returned tickets didn't sell out in the first 5 minutes. As others have said, there will be 18000+ at the dome and it will be rocking moreso than usual. How many times the past few years were that many tickets returned? Not many remembered there was a possibility one more round of ticket sales (and those that did most likely had tickets already). How many are not bringing their kids? We won't bring our two to the playoff games for the simple fact they don't pay enough attention yet. I'm giving those two tickets to someone who may have bought from those remaining tickets.

However, if the majority opinion is "I'll wait until next week to watch the Bison play a good game", then I kinda get it.

As for the team being perceived as weak, there's quite a few reasons for that. I don't agree with all of these, but this is some of what's going on out there.
    1 - They finished with a 7-5 record. Smarter fans who can look past that will see they were a second half of the year team.
    2 - They were on the road last week. Again the smarter fans can see SCSt can bid higher than a 2500 enrollment school can.
    3 - "They only won because GSU and ASU weren't elligible. Conference is weak." are two big sayings I have heard - We will see if that's the case tomorrow.
    4 - They didn't use up their alotment of tickets. If their fans aren't confident enough to come up for gameday, it makes it appear their team isn't that great.

Either way, a few short years ago we were all begging for a playoff game in the dome. I don't think that excitement has left and Saturday will be rocking just as much as last year's round two game - the SDSU atmosphere was great, but I think that had just as much to do with it being a playoff game as it did the opponent. What I'm trying to say is don't let 500ish unsold tickets change your perception of what we both know is going to happen tomorrow
    I agree that fairweather fans may have that perception but its wrong. The SoConn teams are built to win late in the year. We needed every little play to beat Wofford and Georgia Southern last year. I really respected the So Conn after the playoffs.

I think Appalachian and GSA suffered from no playoffs. Tough to get motivated when your not elligible

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

NWNDBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonfan1 View Post
    If the game isnt sold out by the end of the day, Im sure the marketing department will get the word out to the media tonight. ?? Hopefully. Every 12th man needed. GO BISON
    I view lack of publicity as confidence that the tickets will be sold. It may also be a benefit provided to the faithful fans. Those of us in the know who follow Twitter and Facebook Bison pages as well as those of us on Bisonville and BisonNation can easily swallow up 500 tickets. My son told me last night he and a friend would be making an unexpected trip to Fargo. Did I think he could get tickets. Well, they're sold out, son, but you can probably get standing room only tickets or take advantage of cancellations or people in the lobby with signs on their chests who are not necessarily scalpers, only want to recoup their investment. I said, show up early. You'll get in. So this morning we were delighted there were actually two bonafied tickets available. I told him, they're not great, but if the game goes as we hope, you'll have your choice of seats by halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I agree that fairweather fans may have that perception but its wrong. The SoConn teams are built to win late in the year. We needed every little play to beat Wofford and Georgia Southern last year. I really respected the So Conn after the playoffs.

I think Appalachian and GSA suffered from no playoffs. Tough to get motivated when your not elligible
    Not picking on you gabe but pointing out a big peeve of mine over the last week of people comparing 2013 Furman to 2012 Wofford and GSU. I don't think this Furman team is anywhere near what Wofford and GSU were last year. Both of those teams were ranked in the top 10 of the FCS for most of the year and both of those teams had dominant running games, Georgia Southern especially, and Wofford had a defense than Furman does this year. Furman's offense ranks 103rd (of 122 teams) in the FCS, which is not the type of offense that will get many points against the Bison, and their defense is ranked 72nd in the FCS so they're not world beaters either. The main reason why they're 8-5 on the year is their turnover margin is +13. Their ability to turn the opponent over is the only thing that worries me because I think the only way they stay in this game is with multiple (fumble/INT/punt/kickoff) return TDs. This isn't Wofford or GSU from 2012, it's more like Illinois St from 2013. I'd expect a similar result to the 28-10 score to that game.