Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Jackrabbits vs. EWU Eagles

Default SDSU Jackrabbits vs. EWU Eagles

Gametime is 1:00 pm Pacific Standard Time (3 pm CST). Half hour after the Bison game starts.

I believe this will be a tight game. Has the potential to be a blowout in favor of EWU, but I think SDSU's defense is strong enough to slow down VA and the Eagles just enough to squeak one out in the end.

Any other Bison or Jackrabbit fans lurking here that are going to the game in Cheney? I'm torn. I live in Seattle just a few hours away and have an opportunity to go. Someone to watch the kids. I can listen to the Bison game on my phone with a headset, but would have to sacrifice watching on TV. It would be fun to scope out these two teams and experience the red ROOSter tampon monstrosity of a field. See how the EWU fans really are in person.

I'm confident enough that the Bison can take care of business, but would hate to make the trip only to be distracted by a closer-than-it-should-be heart-stopping thriller in the dome that I could have watched on TV.

Anyone else heading that way? Any perspectives that can help sway my decision?

Default Re: SDSU Jackrabbits vs. EWU Eagles

The only way the Jacks have a chance in this one is if they can control the TOP. They have to keep VA off the field. Sumner is going to have to have a great game passing. EWU will try to stop ZZ, so the short passing game needs to be there.

If this turns into a track meet, SDSU gets rolled.

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    The only way the Jacks have a chance in this one is if they can control the TOP. They have to keep VA off the field. Sumner is going to have to have a great game passing. EWU will try to stop ZZ, so the short passing game needs to be there.

If this turns into a track meet, SDSU gets rolled.
    Zenner will go nuts....200+ yards. No defense is played by either team. EWU 48 SDSU 38.

DVR the game (if possible), put on as much Bison gear as you can, and head down to the game! Bring a big flag with you too!
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    hate to make the trip only to be distracted by a closer-than-it-should-be heart-stopping thriller in the dome that I could have watched on TV.
    As a FCS fan, that is a poor attitude. Get to that game. You'll like listening to Scotty Miller calling a thriller. I only wish I had a playoff game so close.

Quote Originally Posted by JDZ View Post
    As a FCS fan, that is a poor attitude. Get to that game. You'll like listening to Scotty Miller calling a thriller. I only wish I had a playoff game so close.
    Poor attitude? I have listened to Bison games before while watching games live. I find it difficult to pay close attention to what's in front of me with Scotty calling even a regular game.

I would definitely go to the game. Hang out with the SDSU fans and cheer them on.

I think SDSU has a decent shot here. Sumner has to make a few plays though, can't be all ZZ.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Poor attitude?
    Well, maybe a poor choice of words on my part. My point is, even if your head isn't completely in the EWU/SDSU game, what are you out? $40 in gas and the price of a ticket? But you got a chance to go to a potentially-really-good FCS playoff game.

I find it difficult to pay close attention to what's in front of me with Scotty calling even a regular game.
    My wife says I have the same problem.

Well, maybe a poor choice of words on my part. My point is, even if your head isn't completely in the EWU/SDSU game, what are you out? $40 in gas and the price of a ticket? But you got a chance to go to a potentially-really-good FCS playoff game.
    More like $75 in gas, but that's not the deciding factor. It really comes down to whether I am ready to face 9-10 hours in the car over the weekend with a two and four year old. I've done it before. It's very doable, and it very well may be worth the pain to see this game. It's just not easy to manage two kids (even if they're mostly pretty good) in the car for that long without help.