Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: CC @ Montana: Too cold??

Default Re: CC @ Montana: Too cold??

LOL at the empty stands in the 2nd half even though the Griz nearly pulled it out in the end.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Cold weather or warm weather, Montana is flat out a better team. Griz by at least 3 TD's.
    Wow, was I wrong. The phrase Any Given Saturday doesn't give CC enough credit. They were "flat out a better team."

Any Given DayoftheweekI'mnotsosmart.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Yeah CC was the better team no doubt about it, they would beat us 9 of 10 on any field in any climate.

They beat us and it wasnt the refs, the cold or the noise we just got it handed to us. Now this week when you guys pound them, people in Montana will see just how far away we really are in terms of competing with upper echelon teams like NDSU.

Good luck this weekend, though I doubt you will need it.
    AG1 - by himself at the West Acres food court

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ALPHAGRIZ1 View Post
    Yeah CC was the better team no doubt about it, they would beat us 9 of 10 on any field in any climate.

They beat us and it wasnt the refs, the cold or the noise we just got it handed to us. Now this week when you guys pound them, people in Montana will see just how far away we really are in terms of competing with upper echelon teams like NDSU.

Good luck this weekend, though I doubt you will need it.
    The only time I saw the Griz play prior to Saturday was the USD game. I remember thinking they either played very poorly that day or they were just not that good. Now I know it was the latter!

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    The only time I saw the Griz play prior to Saturday was the USD game. I remember thinking they either played very poorly that day or they were just not that good. Now I know it was the latter!
    The funny thing is I saw it the other way that USD was a heck of a lot better than I thought they would be and I expected them to give us a better run. Man was I wrong both teams were not what I thought they were. I haven't watched the crazy chickens yet so I will have to reserve judgement on them. It would probably be wrong anyway

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Definitely the later, we just cant play defense. Our offense at times was very good but inconsistent game to game, then rumor has it JJ has a throwing shoulder injury that happened 7 games ago and he is playing through it so that didnt help. No excuse just that his completion % went way down (even though we throw downfield more than the Raiders) so there may be something to it.

We just couldnt get off the field with our D all year and you cant do that when you play good teams.
    AG1 - by himself at the West Acres food court

Quote Originally Posted by ALPHAGRIZ1 View Post
    Definitely the later, we just cant play defense. Our offense at times was very good but inconsistent game to game, then rumor has it JJ has a throwing shoulder injury that happened 7 games ago and he is playing through it so that didnt help. No excuse just that his completion % went way down (even though we throw downfield more than the Raiders) so there may be something to it.

We just couldnt get off the field with our D all year and you cant do that when you play good teams.
    Of all aspects of our game against the Griz this past weekend, I was surprised at your O-Line. We don't normally blitz half as much as we did against Montana. I mean, we were coming at you through the A and B gaps on just about every single play and your O-Line never adjusted. I give your QB immense credit for getting the ball out of his hands in time. I don't know how many sacks we had on him, but I can't think of more than one. But we put him on his back at least a dozen times. He has a good sense of his pocket around him and made a lot of smart choices. I can't speak to his shoulder, but he definitely got dinged up and was limping quite a bit throughout that second half. Didn't look like anything too severe, but I'm sure it hindered him some.

Great game. Had fun watching it and best of luck to the Griz moving forward.

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Montana will be back. Too good of a program to not be.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    Montana will be back. Too good of a program to not be.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    They will, but not back to proper Griz form with their current HC. From what I gather the problem lies in the fact that no decent coach will touch the job with the way that President ran the previous AD and coach out. That's why their current guy got extended, who seems like a good guy but not the HC answer they need. Probably a bit more to it than that, but makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    The funny thing is I saw it the other way that USD was a heck of a lot better than I thought they would be and I expected them to give us a better run.
    This is what I thought too, and I still kinda feel that way. USD did well in many games this season not just against Montana. Honestly I think NDSU is just at another level this year especially compared to the other teams in the MVFC and Big Fluffy.

It will be interesting now in the playoffs to see if the top teams from other conferences can play up to that level as well.