Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Quick Laugh

Default Re: Quick Laugh

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Had you bothered to read anything besides the list, it has been pointed out in multiple places that due to North Dakota open record laws, they are not expecting some of the more serious candidates to apply until right before the December 10th deadline.

I couldn't care less that they think better candidates will apply later- the initial list is hilarious

And you think it is in the realm of possibility that UND will hire a radio network guy or high school coach? Did you know that at least one high school coach applied for the NDSU job when it was open in 2003?
    See comment above

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Had you bothered to read anything besides the list, it has been pointed out in multiple places that due to North Dakota open record laws, they are not expecting some of the more serious candidates to apply until right before the December 10th deadline.

And you think it is in the realm of possibility that UND will hire a radio network guy or high school coach? Did you know that at least one high school coach applied for the NDSU job when it was open in 2003?
    Without a search committee you can't honestly expect to attract someone quality to coach up there and be second fiddle in a sport where the # of scholarships demand being top dog. There are too many glaring issues up north for it to be an attractive job, whoever takes over is going to have a rebuild.

"I find this head coaching job quite attractive!" - A middle school football coach

I can't remember from the posting -- is "Must have a valid drivers license" among the necessary qualifications?
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    I can't remember from the posting -- is "Must have a valid drivers license" among the necessary qualifications?

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    That's damn funny!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Well, anybody can apply. In the end, you only need one good applicant accept the job.

Before we mock them too much, might want to step into the Way-Back/Where-are-they-now Machine:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...ace-heating-up

- Bill Bleil, offensive coordinator, University of South Dakota <- Now the assistant head coach at Iowa State
    - Chris Boden, offensive assistant, Valdosta State (Ga.) <- As a Villanova QB, he passed for over 10,000 yards, now he's head coach at ASA College in NY (and, no, I'm not familiar with it)
    - Craig Bohl, former defensive coordinator, Nebraska <- Now head coach at NDSU
    - Casey Bradley, acting head coach, NDSU <- Now head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars of the NFL
    - Warren Buirch, assistant coach Rowan University (N.J.) <- now a teacher
    - Dale Carlson, head coach, Tri-State University (Ind.) <- Just got fired from Valpo, now applying for the UND job
    - Dennis Creehan, linebackers/special teams coach, Duke University <- now an athletic director and head football coach at a D2 school that I've never heard of before
    - Bill Cubit, offensive coordinator/quarterbacks, Rutgers <- currently the OC at Illinois
    - Daniel Enos, quarterbacks coach, Western Michigan <- currently the head coach of Western Michigan
    - Roy Gafford, head coach, Wichita Christian High School <- now an assistant coach at Dallas Christian HS
    - Rocky Hager, tight ends coach/recruiting coordinator, Temple <- now defensive line coach at Bryant
    - Lonnie Hansen, former assistant, Baylor University <- don't know
    - Pat Henderson, defensive backs coach, Kansas <- now an assistant athletic director at Kansas
    - Todd Hofner, head coach, Wisconsin-Eau Claire <- was head coach at Mankato until they had the witch hunt over photos of his kids
    - Kelly Jeffrey, head coach, Mayville State (N.D.) <-now head coach at Mount Allison University in Canada
    - Tony Johnson, head coach, Graceland University (Iowa) <- just got fired from a HS head coach job in Alabama
    - Steve Kazor, head coach, Wayne State (Mich.) <- now an NFL scout
    - Russ Martin, offensive coordinator, Southeast Missouri State <- now head coach at Colorado Mesa (D2) - Montana State played them this year
    - Mark Mauer, receivers coach, New Mexico State <- Got fired from Hill-Murray where he was head coach
    - Chuck Moller, offensive line coach, Oklahoma State <- resigned from Crookston, might be out of coaching
    - Brian Rock, offensive coordinator, Western Michigan <- coached at Purdue for a bit, now the OC at Kent State
    - Tim Salem, former quarterbacks coach, Ohio State <- an assistant coach at Illinois
    - Rich Spisak, former offensive coordinator, Ball State <- no idea
    - Bob Stitt, head coach, Colorado School of Mines <- head coach of the Colorado School of Mines
    - Dennis Wagner, assistant head coach, Fresno State (Calif.) <- the OC at Liberty
    - David Wiemers, head coach, Emporia State (Kan.) <- DC at Pittsburg State

For some reason, Terry Allen isn't on the list - must have applied late. He's the current head coach of Missouri State.

Chuck Moller lived in Fisher, MN when he was coaching at UMC. He allegedly pocketed money from Football camps among other things. This is just what I heard but I know some people close to the team. Must have been a forced resignation. He left town and nobody I know knew where he went.