Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody knocking on the door for Coach Bohl?

Default Re: Anybody knocking on the door for Coach Bohl?

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    how high would NDSU be willing to counter offer? If wyoming were to come in and offer 1 million (which some over there are suggesting), would NDSU be able to make a serious counter offer? I think that the numbers guys will agree that there is alot of room to boost ticket prices.
    Keep feeding the trolls.

reformedUNDfan is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Keep feeding the trolls.
    if a recruit is smart, they'll know this is a possibility. If anything, I think the stronger case is that Bohl will remain.

I mean right now we're 'worried' about Bohl going to wyoming, an inferior program with no history, poor facilities, terrible recruiting grounds in what appears to be a shitty town, instead of going to a marquee job or staying and playing for the hall of fame and Bohl Stadium.

There is nothing to be worried about in the MWC, aside from maybe Boise, and that job may not be open again for a few decades.

if a recruit is smart, they'll know this is a possibility. If anything, I think the stronger case is that Bohl will remain.

I mean right now we're 'worried' about Bohl going to wyoming, an inferior program with no history, poor facilities, terrible recruiting grounds in what appears to be a shitty town, instead of going to a marquee job or staying and playing for the hall of fame and Bohl Stadium.

There is nothing to be worried about in the MWC, aside from maybe Boise, and that job may not be open again for a few decades.
    Whos worried? Not me.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Nobodies worried except a few people who are trying to go out of their way to convince us he would leave for Wyoming. Not sure why they say that. Apparently they have this silly need to be right or just like to argue. The only person who publicly suggested it was a writer who is a former UND grad and a few gullible people believed it. Bohl is not leaving for Wyoming. No chance. He was apparently leaving in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, and 2012. He turned down interviews with a known Mac school. We'll never learn. NDSU is the premier FCS job in the nation and better than many FBS teams. He's paid on par with some FBS teams right now. Unless a BIG TIME job comes along, I would not expect Bohl to leave because it's obvious he loves it here and has a great gig. Family connections. Heck even his son plays football at MSUM. (and gets free tuition as part of his contract too) Guys a freakin rock star here and is the modern era Jerry Moore at the helm of the modern era App State.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Nobodies worried except a few people who are trying to go out of their way to convince us he would leave for Wyoming. Not sure why they say that. Apparently they have this silly need to be right or just like to argue. The only person who publicly suggested it was a writer who is a former UND grad and a few gullible people believed it. Bohl is not leaving for Wyoming. No chance. He was apparently leaving in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, and 2012. He turned down interviews with a known Mac school. We'll never learn. NDSU is the premier FCS job in the nation and better than many FBS teams. He's paid on par with some FBS teams right now. Unless a BIG TIME job comes along, I would not expect Bohl to leave because it's obvious he loves it here and has a great gig. Family connections. Heck even his son plays football at MSUM. (and gets free tuition as part of his contract too) Guys a freakin rock star here and is the modern era Jerry Moore at the helm of the modern era App State.
    And the Bison fans will continue to discuss Bohl‘s departure as it is a very real possibility given his success. So what....discussing it will have ZERO effect on recruiting, whether we win another title or whether Bohl entertains an offer from another school. Chill out for god sake. No recruit gives a shit what a fan named WYO or a fan named gabe thinks.

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Me thinks you need to re-read his post because you are saying the exact same thing he is. Think of 'woried' as /purple and it might make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    And the Bison fans will continue to discuss Bohl‘s departure as it is a very real possibility given his success. So what....discussing it will have ZERO effect on recruiting, whether we win another title or whether Bohl entertains an offer from another school. Chill out for god sake. No recruit gives a shit what a fan named WYO or a fan named gabe thinks.
    Great post!

Exactly. Its like some fans are too stupid to figure out that recruits read this board. Competing teams read this board. They love to read rumors to tell recruits our coach is leaving. Gives them an advantage. I think half the rumors are started by trolls of other teams to create uncertainty and we just go feed them.

And what's funny is the starter of the thread claims he's from Boise and then within a day of him posting, the Laramie paper has an article saying Bohl is the #1 candidate for the Wyoming job and the writer is fucking UND GRAD!! God people are dumb. Put 1 and 1 together. Make me a mod and I will delete all this shit: Especially in December / January ... the #1 recruiting month.
    You are dead wrong with your second paragraph. My original post was just out of curiosity, nothing more. The article in the Wyoming site was/is purely coincidence. My initial reason for asking about Coach Bohl is because at Boise State we get the same questions this time of year about Coach Pete. Incidentally he told USC 2 days ago to take him out of the running. The more I read about Coach Bohl the more he is from the same mold as Pete or vice/versa. I stick by my claim that I am from Boise, since 74. I also grew up in Fergus Falls and have followed the Bison for years. GO BRONCOS, GO BISON.

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    You honestly believe that a recruit doesn't factor into his decision the status of his head coach? Its a major factor and feeding unfounded rumors hurts the program regardless of who talks about it. Even Bohl has said it has a negative impact. Yes fans will talk about it and yes it will hurt recruiting.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You honestly believe that a recruit doesn't factor into his decision the status of his head coach? Its a major factor and feeding unfounded rumors hurts the program regardless of who talks about it. Even Bohl has said it has a negative impact. Yes fans will talk about it and yes it will hurt recruiting.
    What you are saying has more to do with losing teams than teams that may lose their coach because they have been successful. If a recruit has to go to a message board to understand that Bohl might leave, he obviously doesn't understand what's going on here. He's going to understand that risk before he even gets a visit and he's going to ask Coach Bohl himself if he's worried about it. A recruits decision on committing to NDSU or elsewhere right now has absolutely nothing to do with the discussions on this board.

Now if a team finishes at 3-8 and there's talk of firing the coach (see fire Bohl/Muss threads), then your argument may have some play.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
    What you are saying has more to do with losing teams than teams that may lose their coach because they have been successful. If a recruit has to go to a message board to understand that Bohl might leave, he obviously doesn't understand what's going on here. He's going to understand that risk before he even gets a visit and he's going to ask Coach Bohl himself if he's worried about it. A recruits decision on committing to NDSU or elsewhere right now has absolutely nothing to do with the discussions on this board.

Now if a team finishes at 3-8 and there's talk of firing the coach (see fire Bohl/Muss threads), then your argument may have some play.
    I may be overstating it a little. Your corrrct that we do have a winning tradition. I dont think it matters as much to ND/MN kids but when yiu have guys from 1000 miles away I think it hurts. Remember this is really the only message board people read. I've heard stories of media people, coaches, players family, and other teams coaches visit this site. Everyone reads this board. Its not the old days of Bisoville when I started posting here in 2004. I have no more to say on the topic. Sorry to everyone for being an asshole!