Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody knocking on the door for Coach Bohl?

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Anybody knocking on the door for Coach Bohl?

Bohl is 55/6 years old. If he wins third straight, what does he have to accomplish here? His legacy is secure.

So if someone offers him seven figures, you would think he would have to take it.

A big contract offers him and his family financial security for this generation but the next? If someone offers you 3 or 4 times your current salary and a challenge, wouldn't you take it?

Wife from here, working here. For a million bump in salary, she doesn't need to work.

In many regards, if he were offered the jump, I would expect him to take the money and run,.

I hope we win the title and that everyone's after him.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Probably but I really hope not. By BSU I'm assuming Boise State correct? I hope we have as much success keeping Bohl as you have keeping Petersen (excellent coach). I have heard that he stays in Boise only because his child has a physical ailment treated by only 2 hospitals, one of which is in Boise. Is this true or false rumor?
    Yes, Boise State University. Coach Pete stays for many reasons. His sons health issues (Cancer) was many years ago. Hopefully he has grown out of it. There were other hospitals and places, he likes the quality of living in Boise. He makes over $2M, lives close to campus, can be by a lake in 30 minutes to 2 hours. Both of his sons are in HS now. BSU just built a brand new $22M Football Facility on the north end of the stadium. We could lose him, nothing is for sure, but he isn't the kind of guy that wants to put up with the turmoil of the BIG Programs. He came to us from Oregon and has experienced the trials and tribulations of BCS Programs.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Bohl is 55/6 years old. If he wins third straight, what does he have to accomplish here? His legacy is secure.

So if someone offers him seven figures, you would think he would have to take it.

A big contract offers him and his family financial security for this generation but the next? If someone offers you 3 or 4 times your current salary and a challenge, wouldn't you take it?

Wife from here, working here. For a million bump in salary, she doesn't need to work.

In many regards, if he were offered the jump, I would expect him to take the money and run,.
    If he ends up pushing 400 here and he gets a million, what's better? A million for a few years before you get canned or 400k for life in an area your happy? Only Bohl could answer that

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    If he ends up pushing 400 here and he gets a million, what's better? A million for a few years before you get canned or 400k for life in an area your happy? Only Bohl could answer that
    Your assuming he fails and gets fired in the next job. Plus usually those jobs are guaranteed for the life of the contract or has a heavy buyout for the coach.

So a 2 years at 1.3 million is equal to what he has on his contract here.

I like Calbison's response, lets hope everyone is after him.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Who are you? A bisonville member trying to stir the pot? If so, it looks like the bait has been taken. Well done.
    Not trying to stir the pot. Just curious about this topic.

He said in an interview that zeros on the paycheck arent neccessarily the most important thing. He also touched on a few other things that made me believe hes not looking to leave.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Your assuming he fails and gets fired in the next job. Plus usually those jobs are guaranteed for the life of the contract or has a heavy buyout for the coach.

So a 2 years at 1.3 million is equal to what he has on his contract here.

I like Calbison's response, lets hope everyone is after him.
    Wrong

Wyoming's coach has a base of 190k with ridiculous incentives. His current buyout pays him 596k
    Of course he made 1.2 million last year and the year before but his BCS coaching career is essentially over

http://m.trib.com/sports/college/wyo...ile_touch=true

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I'm pretty sure she's working right now for reasons other than need.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Wrong

Wyoming's coach has a base of 190k with ridiculous incentives. His current buyout pays him 596k
    Of course he made 1.2 million last year and the year before but his BCS coaching career is essentially over

http://m.trib.com/sports/college/wyo...ile_touch=true
    I also would like to think 3 straight national championships would lead to a decent FBS job, not Wyoming.