Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We Are Spoiled

Default We Are Spoiled

There is a playoff game tomorrow, and there are still many tickets for sale on gobison.com. There is no online waiting room to get tickets, and there are still areas with at least 4 seats together. I realize that many fans probably don't think it will be a real close game, but Furman is a playoff team. Have we become this spoiled that we can't even get excited for a playoff game because it's against an opponent who is perceived as being "weak"? Furman beat Georgia Southern and Wofford this year; the two teams that gave NDSU easily their toughest games in the playoffs last year. Yes, I do realize that Georgia Southern and Wofford may not be at the level they were at last year, but Georgia Southern did just beat Florida. If NDSU loses, there will be no next week.

(I know I am preaching to the choir here, as most people on this board likely already have their tickets and will be there cheering loudly.)

Default Re: We Are Spoiled

Where are those 30,000 fans that supposedly want tickets? I guess they thought it was sold out.

533 In a row

I will say the way the ticket sales are done get complicated and many people give up. My dad, only yesterday, did not think he coudl get a ticket as there were none last weekend. I called him after the Furman failed charter happened and told him to check this morning for tickets, and he got one. He never would have known otherwise and suspect he is much more the "normal" fan than all of us.

Fcs=d2 we came we say we dominated its boring being 30 point favorites wheres heckler-endzone mountain west for the best

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I will say the way the ticket sales are done get complicated and many people give up. My dad, only yesterday, did not think he coudl get a ticket as there were none last weekend. I called him after the Furman failed charter happened and told him to check this morning for tickets, and he got one. He never would have known otherwise and suspect he is much more the "normal" fan than all of us.
    You are probably right about this. I bet if these tickets would have been available when the rest went on sale, they would have been sold right away. It still doesn't seem like the excitement is there for this game though. Maybe (I hope) I am wrong though, and I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

++++++++++++++++++
    Furman thinks they are going to beat us and are certainly capable. I'm sick of fans sitting on their hands this year acting like "yeah I'll wait for the playoffs to get pumped up!" News flash mother fuckers... It IS the playoffs. If we don't win we will be selling a lot of of those Frisco tickets we bought. Get your ass to the dome and make some serious noise.

Note: These guys have a great tradition and play in a great conference. Remember Wofford and Georgia southern last year?? The So Con is the read deal. They lost to Wofford by 3 last year on the road and were a young team. These guys won the National Championship game in '88 and made the Championship game in '85 and '01. They can win. If you think it will be a blowout you are stupid

Does this video sound like guys who think they are going to lose?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Truth my man haha.. It's more of the perception that you cant get tickets. releasing more tix after they have been declared sold out, wont get gobbled up because people have already heard that they're sold out etc etc

I think we are spoiled by the fan support we do have. Returned visitor tickets have been on sale for 90 minutes and we're complaining about how they're not gone yet. There will be 18,000+ there on Saturday in what will probably be the best atmosphere the dome has seen this year (banner raising and UNI game included). Look around the country at attendance in the other FCS games this weekend and you'll see half empty stadiums far smaller than the Fargodome pretty much everywhere outside of Montana. There's not much to complain about in terms of fan support here.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think we are spoiled by the fan support we do have. Returned visitor tickets have been on sale for 90 minutes and we're complaining about how they're not gone yet. There will be 18,000+ there on Saturday in what will probably be the best atmosphere the dome has seen this year (banner raising and UNI game included). Look around the country at attendance in the other FCS games this weekend and you'll see half empty stadiums far smaller than the Fargodome pretty much everywhere outside of Montana. There's not much to complain about in terms of fan support here.
    I agree with this and I also agree that there is a perception that tickets are impossible to get which makes selling the remaining few more difficult than it would be otherwise.

Did NDSU even announce their were extra tickets left this AM*? I didn't see a Tweet or FB post.

*Just because I didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.